New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some one with a ZETEC Cougar to come by my Dyno on Saturday

My address is 503 woodlawn AV N.Belmont NC , 12 Miles I-85 S of Charlotte Exit #26

I am needing to take a look at one to start a turbo kit and see if it looks like the Focus or the ZX2 kit i have finished will fit

Is there anyone willing to do this

Tom

·
Registered
713 Posts
Honestly, I don't think we even have any I4's that are in CaroNECO....but I'm pretty sure there is one or two that are from VA and GA that look in here every now and again....maybe they'll see this...

Z (jason)

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
I know a guy here in Asheville with a Zetec Contour. I will contact him and see what he thinks.

Please hit me up with your contact information so I may give it to him.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont want a Contour just a Cougar,,The turbo kit for the Contour will come next

Tom

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I thought that someone had the zetec, maybe I am just tired.

Scott

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
nope, we all have V6's..........you want to do a turbo kit for that? if so, i'll be there:thumbsup:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you have to come from how far are you from Charlotte ,Hate to make anyone drive a long way

Tom

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea i guess that name is going to stick with me ,I am ready to do a turbo on a Cougar but want to look at a car ,,Have a customer willing to try one but he is far away and i want to see if the Focus or the ZX2 turbo kit will fit the best

Tom

·
Registered
713 Posts
Dude I really wish I could help ya out....but I have a V6 too.but like Micah said...you ever want to work on a V6 I'm here just waiting on ya...:biggrin:

Maybe Mark (CGburns) can work something out with ya.

Z (jason)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there so few Cougar Zetecs around that it woyld not be worth doing a turbo kit for them

There has to be one somewhere close ?

Tom

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think that the V6 Cougars are WAY more popular than the I4s... I think that if you came up with a turbo for the 6cyls that you would get more of a response from people because I would certainly save up my money for one...

Julie

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Some one drop by with a V6 and ill take a look

Tom

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
The guy with the Zetec Contour did not get back with:shrug: For a point of reference. The Contour, Modeno and Cougar have Identical engine bay setups. Be it V6 or I4. The only exception is the SVT.

This widens your Turbo market substantially, as the Contours focus much more on performance than appearance. For every modded cougar there are 10 modded contours, not to mention the European Modeno.

(the pre 98 contours may have slightly different setups)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
How long will you need the car to look at it?

I will drop by this weekend if depending on how long you need it. Your kit for the focus is 5500. Would it cost that much on the Cougar you think? The Cougar world would love a solid 3500 kit.

Alex

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My kits range from 5200.00 for the Focus to 5500.00 for the ZX2 to 5800.00 for the SVT Focus

I would say in the 52 to 55 range but not more but not less

There is no way to do a quality kit for 3500.00 for the Zetec thats why there is no turbo kits for the Zetec any Zetec ,,Mine work and so far work very well ,I have a ZX2 doing 319HP and a ZX3 doing 13.4 1/4 times on the ALL stock engine ,Tuning isnt a factor and we can deal with the rest of the fitment issues after i get one to do

I will need it for about 10Min just to look at a V6 and see what type of room i have to work with and if i want to mess with a V6

I STILL NEED A ZETEC TO LOOK AT PLEASE,,FREE DYNO TO THE FIRST ZETEC

Tom

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
How much do you charge for a dyno run? I assume by the hour though.

I'll tell you right now that there is NO ROOM under the V6 hood.....especially on an auto (just cuz the tranny is bigger). There is room to be had after relocation of the battery and fuse box though. A little more.

If you really want to sell turbo kits, make it universal for the atx and mtx, people will be knocking down your door, especially if it can do for the cougar what it does for the zetec!!

An ATX dynos at about 120 - 125 horses stock, the MTX dynos at about 145 to as high as 153 Stock. What kind of end gains after all is done would you estimate the cougar V6 being to produce? I would pay 5 grand for 250 at the wheels......I'd pay that for 230 really.

-Alex (Btw, I'm still interested in coming to see ya this weekend, when is good for you?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts