New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will give you the short version, I was making a turn near my house and instead of stepping on the brake I accidentally leaned on the accelerator. I then stepped on the brake but I guess I stepped to hard and the rear wheels locked up throwing me into a tail spin. I over compensated to avoid hitting a truck but instead hit against the curb. I blew my front right tire out and it appears I twisted something underneath (tie rods perhaps). :( My car is now un drivable until I get this fixed. On a side note I popped on those side markers yesterday, they look sooooo much better than those amber ones. :)

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,946 Posts
Egad. Looks like a control arm got destroyed to me...

Bad.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Lower right control control arm! PLEASE PM ME if you have a four bolt, I bought a four bolt control arm for list of a two bolt last week. I ended up not needing anything more than a difficult alignment. Ill send it brand new 4 bolt in the box for 75 shipped. List will run you 149 bucks through a dealer or 139 through ford parts online. Otherwise its going on EBAY.

PLEASE PM ME!

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GnuLoCo thanks for the offer but I have to get my car fixed by Monday so for you to ship the part to me would either be to costly or would not even get here in time. I know a guy who can do all the work on the car for next to nothing so I am going to have the car towed to him tomorw and see what he can do.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,946 Posts
Hopefully only the control arm is bad, and not the mounting points on the subframe.

Fingers crossed for you, dude...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I heard back about the car and its not good. It is the control arm, and everything that connects to the frame. They dont think the frame is bad but they wont know till they get to it. Basicly to do everything is going to be around $700 and if they have to do the frame then just about $1000. This has been one very expensive incident, luckaly the place I'm using is giving me a good price on everything. Example the control arm (2 bolt by the way) is only going to cost $50 for the part and to install it will be about the same.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
A 2 bolt control arm can be had for less than 50 and any dealer part desk. A 4 bolt will run you 150, hence the 75 bucks being a deal. ;)

[GnuLoCo]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by: ignernt
Confused the brake and accelerator? Most of the time on the news when i hear that story it's a 90 year-old woman that did it. :biggrin:
I wasnt realy paying attention, I rilly was hitting the brake while leaning on the accelerator. I was probably going to fast in the first place. What rilly sucks is if I hadnt hit the brakes so hard and just coasted through it I probably would have made the turn fine, but since I hit the brakes the rear wheels locked up which is what made me loose control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.