New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, has anyone installed the YoDude system on a 2001. I was wondering how complicated it would be to custom fabricate a mount. I'm pretty new to working on cars so keep in mind I'm not the brightest. Also is it hard to install it using just jack stands or did you guys all use lifts?

Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I used jack stands and it was my first real mod besides the weapon R intake- pretty straight forward install. A lift would definitely help :biggrin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2001, and I should be getting my YoDude in the mail sometime this week...I'll let you know how it goes. When I spoke with the guy at YD, he said that it's not that hard to fabricate a hanger. Only thing is, the exhaust seems to be not quite "leak free" without getting it welded together. What I've heard most people have done is to bolt it up and then take it to a shop to get the finishing touches on. It saves a bit of $$$ on labor if you can do some of it yourself, as always. Anyway, I'll keep ya' posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehe i put my yodude on just the other month, for the hanger we just took a big bolt, drilled a lil bigger hole in the rubber hanger put the bolt through the hanger and into a part of the frame and then put nuts and washers on the end to keep it there, it worked great, doesn't even budge. We really put those bolts on there though to ensure they wouldn't fall off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts