New Cougar Forum banner

YoDude, can't do it

911 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I can't get the bolts off of the pipe that's in betweeen the cat and the muffler. Am i just too weak or is there a trick. I wish i had a lift.

#3 ·
Pain in the you know what, but here's how. Get a blow torch(totally serious here). You gotta heat the crap out of the bolts until they are red hot. Then crank on it w/ a wrench, or whatever. This is how I had to do mine. I had an air wrench and an impact gun and in the end I had to use the torch and good old fasioned elbow grease. If you do not have these, time to pay someone else.

#7 ·
WD-40 is a wonderful product indeed.... if that still doesn't work, take a piece of pipe and stick in on the end of your ratchet, now use the extra extension as more leverage.... if that dosen't work, have someone stand next to the car, wrap your hands around their ankles, then push on the wrench/ratchet with your foot, the person stading there will keep you from sliding and it should work....

BTW: do not try to pry very hard on tools unless they are guaranteed (craftsman, snap-on, husky, etc)

#9 ·
dude if i worked at a dealer ship i would have payed the guy like 20 bucks to do it for me. and since he has it up on the lift i would just have him weld it.. man you have a great resource. i would tap it!!! hahhaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.