New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i aint gonna do anymore motor work i'm starting on the looks and sounds. just got a neato pioneer premier flip face thingy..pretty cool. picked up 4 boston acoustics for my factory replacements too. gonna put those in tomorrow. just with the new stereo my factory speakers sound awesome. cant wait till i put the replacements in and then the subwoofer. only going with one. dont need mental bass.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
:thumbsup:

get an amp for those speakers. they'll sound MUCH better and cleaner.. although 4channel amps can get costly.

i think we paid like $350 though for my 5 channel eclipse amp. 4x40rms + 1x120rms. not bad. i've got it running everything and it's all pretty clear and good enough for my liking. even only having 120w to the sub it's still pretty loud and clear.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Dave, where did you get the Boston accoustics and will they fit properly? That's what we've been looking for.

Queen of the Flamin' yams:)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: SassyCat2002
Dave, where did you get the Boston accoustics and will they fit properly? That's what we've been looking for.

i picked them up at tweeter. whats funny too me being a salesman...lol.

headunit...regular $279...my cost $219

4 speakers regular $358(179 a pair) my cost $278

heheh i used some of my salesman strategy on them..worked good

vodfan---i'm gonna run a amp eventually when i get the sub. thinking of going with a jl audio single 10 inch sub. any other recomendations though on subs that sound good with hardocre/metal?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: SassyCat2002

i picked them up at tweeter. whats funny too me being a salesman...lol.

headunit...regular $279...my cost $219

4 speakers regular $358(179 a pair) my cost $278

heheh i used some of my salesman strategy on them..worked good

vodfan---i'm gonna run a amp eventually when i get the sub. thinking of going with a jl audio single 10 inch sub. any other recomendations though on subs that sound good with hardocre/metal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts