New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell?? Two days ago I recieved the recall on the negative battery cable, and today I recieved a new recall notice on saying OOS03 - Brake Pressure Control Reducing Valve.

I can't remember, is this the same recall that I got a few months ago, or is it a new recall?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I just got an envelope in the mail yesterday containing 2 recall notices...

01S02 - misrouted battery cable and/or loose connection at the alternator B+ stud.

01S03 - brake lamp switch harness

The brake pressure valve recall you received is old.... get it done if you have not already... the two listed above are brandnew...

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i guess my car is not affected by the battery recall... never got a notice....

·
Registered
716 Posts
I got my battery cable recall in the mail last night. My build date was in Sept. of 99 and it's a 2000 model year...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hmm... with the brake lamp recall... would that fix a lag in brake lights? It seems like I have to push the brake in pretty far to get the things to actually light. I've had a few friends make comments that it never seems like I'm braking, that we have to be slowing down pretty hard to get them to light. Anyone else's brake lights pretty non-sensitive?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
our webmasters brake lights are almost always stuck on..... I was following him and almost rode my brake constantly cuz I didn't know if he was really brakin or not..... damn that was annoying... hehhehe

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hey Fett, that brake recall was announced in February 2000... over 13 months ago. you just got it now? I can't believe Ford would stage a brake recall over this long period of time. (does that imply Ford thinks Fett's life is not worth as much as Cripy's?) unbelievable... what a bunch of nimrods...

this goes to everyone (since the recall was universal): if you still have not received the brake recall notice, please go get it done right away. don't put your life in the hands of some FoMoCo cost accountant who thinks the recall should be staged. the brake pressure valve failed on my friends Contour and damn near killed him when his Contour spun out of control on the freeway (front wheel braked as normal while the back had no brake pressure, sending him in to a spin).

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I called them today and asked them what was going on. They said that when they issue an recall the computer automatically goes down the list of car owners in their database. Each name listed also is noted if all previous recalls were taken care of, if not it also re-issues the recall notice. Because I never went to get the last recall fixed, the computer automatically re-issued me the first recall.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got the battery cable recall in the mail on Monday. My car was built mid-November 1999 (got car in mid-Jan 2000. Never got a recall on the brake valve. What build dates did the brake valve recall apply to?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got the battery cable recall in the mail on Monday. My car was built mid-November 1999 (got car in mid-Jan 2000. Never got a recall on the brake valve. What build dates did the brake valve recall apply to?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
the brake valve recall was for all 1996-2000 Contour, Mystique and Cougar so all built dates apply. your dealer should be able to tell you if your car have been serviced under the recall notice if you give them your VIN.

G

·
I've yet to receive any recalls.. We bought ours in July, and it was on the showroom for 2 days before we bought it.. hmmmm... Guess I'll just keep waiting for mine....

Shon

G

·
Hey, that brake recall does not include anyone that has antilock brakes.

This is directly from NHTSA:

Vehicle Description: Passenger vehicles NOT equipped with the anti-lock braking system (ABS). A pressure conscious reducing valve (PCRV) in the rear brakes may be subject to corrosion and result in malfunction, when operated in areas that use salt compounds on the roadway for de-icing or dust control.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.