New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the riots

I personally knew him well. he was on my wrestling team for two years and i wrestled with his younger brother who was there when it happened.

It's such a tragedy, and i don't even know what to say.

One thing is for sure that i'll never drink and drive again and maybe if will teach other people a lesson too

·
Registered
853 Posts
Originally posted by: Bayeri ...i'll never drink and drive again...
It's amazing how many people do, and seem to not think anything of it!

I'm not making a shot at you personally, more in general: People must be total retards for driving while drunk. If you cant walk straight, how does that qualify you to drive? the average small car weighs 1.5 tons. even without being drunk, you must realize that driving in general is very dangerious, a danger we all become numb to with false securities.

One of my biggest fears is being hit by a drunk. At work, we run a towing department, which does P.D. rotation calls. a few weeks ago, a man and a woman came in to get some personal belongings out of a tataoled carolla. Being that our impound lot is accross the street from us, somone has to go down and unlock the fence. I was that person. When i got to the car, the rear end was almost litterally gone, front smashed, roof collapsed, and driver door smashed 1 foot into the cab. the couple that were in the car, the man and woman's elderly parents, were hospotalized in critical condition, the father most likely wasn't going to live....
What happened to the drunk? he wasnt injured and tried to flee the accident scene, most likely thinking the driver was dead.

Now how on earth are you going to tell me its OK to drive drunk when you know this **** happens? Its totally rediculious how most of the time the drunk survives, and leaves this kind of destruction.

Remember, if you drive drunk, you will most likely be fine, but how are you going to live with yourself knowing the pain you caused those innocent poeple and their famailies?

DONT DRIVE DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!

call 666-6666 in the HFD area and tell em youre drunk... free cab ride home. dont put me at risk.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was a volunteer firefighter in upstate NY for 8 years and worked for an ambulance company for 1 year before joining the Coast Guard. I could tell you some bad stories about drunk driver accidents. Most turned out ok, broken bones, totaled cars, but I did lose three classmates. One classmate I didn't even reconize in his overturned pick up truck that I had to crawl into to check his vital signs, the JAWS OF LIFE coudn't even get him out. Just don't ever, EVER EVER EVER DRIVE DRUNK!!!! I'd hate to lose a fellow NECO member.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by: Ronin
I was a volunteer firefighter in upstate NY for 8 years and worked for an ambulance company for 1 year before joining the Coast Guard.
Where in upstate NY were you a volunteer?

Drinking and driving is not cool. I have had so many friends or classmates that have been killed due to drinking and driving or by drunks. It's just not fun to deal with. The worst part is, at least for me, when a friend or someone is killed because they were drinking and driving, I really don't feel bad for them. I kinda give them the shrug saying they got what they deserved. It's the people like this guy who was hit by a drunk, those are the peopel I'll feel bad for. I know this may sound kinda sissy, but I almost cry when I see those commercials where it's like a home video of a little kid, or a good looking girl, or just a nice person who was killed by a drunk driver. Man, those are so f'ing sad. There was that one with the video of the 5 year old opening xmas presents.

My suggestion to everyone, let your friends know you're available anytime anywhere. I have picked up friends at like 4 in the morning because it was either that or have them drive home. It's an inconvenience, but one that's well worth it. Besides, they usually end up giving you gas money + cigs + food and coffee.

-Pat- -ReToM7-

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was a volunteer with the Lake Delta Fire Dept. north of Rome, and worked for Kunkel Ambulance in Utica. I agree with everything you said about this topic, its just plan STUPID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts