New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a foglight out so i took it out to replace the bulb, but it was freezing out so i disconnected the whole casing and brought it in. I decided to change the other bulb too because i bought different kinda bulbs and wanted them to match so i brought em both in the house and changed the bulbs, and at first i thought the metal wasnt touching the bulb to give it the connection, so i bent em down real good, i went back out to put em in, and neither of the bulbs worked now. I noticed on my dash that little fog light indicator wasnt even on. So i checked my fuse and it was blown, i turned the lights off changed the fuse and turned em on and the same thing. THe indicator wasnt on and the lights werent on also. Checked the fuse and that blew too. So i am assuming there is a short in there or most likely some piece of metal is touching something that shouldnt be. When i take em back out what should i look for to be touching something or something connected wrong? Sorry if this whole thing doesnt make too much sense.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
My first suggestion would be to remove the bulbs and install them back in the car and make sure the metal is not touching inside the area that the bulbs plug in. Then go replace the fuse and turn the switch on as if you were going to turn on your fog lights. If the fuse blows again, there's a strange problem that you'll have to keep retracing back. If it doesn't blow, carefully install the bulbs again making sure the contacts are where they need to be.

Try that first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts