New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently brought a pair of Narva Gold H3's (Narva is owned by Philips) and their slightly yellow however searchin through pics of Cougars with HID kits that I have saved on my computer and found these ...

as you can see the foglights on these 2 cougars are very yellow and I would like to know what brand of bulbs they are...i believe the 2nd pic is of hotcat's cougar and the 1st one i forgot of whos and I couldn't find it using search....so if anyone has any yellow foglight bulbs that look real yellow like the pics above please let me know what brand they are and pics if you have any...

thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
Are you lookin for a yellow like an IS300??
yes I am if its possible with a bulb or perhaps something that fits over the h3 bulb...

·
Registered
350 Posts
In the 2nd picture, what type of headlight bulbs are those? IS that a True HID system. Whatever it is, i think it looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 2nd pic, according to hotcat's cardomain page, are LUKS H.I.D. headlights (purple)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I just threw in some silverstars and my fog lights look yellow... but I have stock fogs

C

·
0 Posts
Ok, the top picture......what kind of bulbs are those in their headlights. I bet that's a HID kit too , right?

·
Registered
942 Posts
What's the advantage to having yellow fogs??

·
Registered
850 Posts
Originally posted by: jd2r
the 2nd pic, according to hotcat's cardomain page, are LUKS H.I.D. headlights (purple)
Yes that is my car and I have true HID's installed. For my fogs I chose to go with Piaa amber bulbs, because it is very hard to match the fogs with the headlights, and I really like the way the IS300 looks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hotcat,
just to make sure when you say "Piaa amber bulbs" you do mean the PIAA ion yellow bulbs right?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Since we're on the subject, where can I find orange H3's? Since I'm lacking running lights, I'd like to turn my fogs into running lights, while still being high enough wattage in case I get stuck in a swamp.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: MobilBoy
What's the advantage to having yellow fogs??
Most fogs are yellow because yellow light can penetrate fog rather than reflecting off it like white light. If you've ever looked when it was foggy than you would notice that you can see the amber street lamps from a further distance than teh white ones. Therefore, fog lights, you see through fog. They're also (supposed) to be placed lower so that you can also see under the fog. Like when you turn on your brights and it's foggy. You become a deer in the headlights.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
In physics class we learned that yellow lights increase night time visibility over any other color light.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mindtrip1016 is that your cougar in the first pic (i can't remember too well who's it is)??? anyone else know who's it is??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts