New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
near identical ones can be had from ebay for about $90. I had them on my cougar for about 1 year. Handeled wonderful, but rode like crap. Felt like i was gonna break my teeth when i hit a bump. No give at all. Then the adjustment blot rusted and they where no longer adjustable.

·
Registered
979 Posts
if you have bad roads and/or they salt the roads in the winter i stay away from coilovers. Coilovers also require you to cut the preches off the struts and you usally need to buy heavier duty bearings cause the ones they give you tend to break.

Lowering springs are a much better idea for a daily driver. A track car is a different story. All the production coilover kits for the cougar have a liner spring rate. The lowering springs usually come with a progressive rate. So they absorb the little bumps but still handle well.

Lowering springs can drop you from 1" to 1.75" depending on brand. They will handle better, and look nicer than stock. Basicly when you come into a hard cornor the car will lean a little then stop due to the progessive rate, as opposed to coilovers which wont lean around a cornor, or stock which will lean much more.

If you search there are lots of peoples opinions on different springs, and the suspention sticky has some good info.

A RSTB ( jaged makes real good ones) and either a BAT or Roush rear sway bar are great things to improve handeling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts