New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I could really use some help because the more I read the more confused I seem to get. I've looked at pictures and that doesn't even seem to help. So could someone go over this really slowly before I totally screw my *****.

Here's what I've done: tint (kinda hard to screw that up)
Here's what I want to do, perhaps: KKM intake, Yodude dual exhaust, MSDS headers.

But, I read somewhere that yodude and msds aren't compatible, so..... i'm thinking borla. then i begin thinking (scary i know) what exactly does cat-back mean and where does that y-pipe go and how does that all fit in to the "exhaust"?? so is cat-back = from the catalytic converter back? is cat-less = without a converter? and then that y-pipe... does it connect to the headers, the cat. converter, and the muffler or the exhaust pipe or what exactly? then i stop and wonder... how far off am i?

then i'm off and thinking again (this is starting to hurt) if the yodude isn't compatible with the headers and i have to go with borla i'm out more money so i won't be able to afford headers anyway so what difference does it make. there's a point... what difference do headers actually make? how much hp/tq am i actually going to see out of each mod? everyone seems to have varying opinions on this (as well as everything else i.e. brands, shops to buy from, rules for the board....) is hp more important than tq? does it matter more off the line?

so really, guys and girls, what i want is a ***** that looks like she purrs and then kicks ass
but, me being me, i also have to understand why she kicks ass.... now perhaps an administrator would like to delete this before i embarrass myself further, or before anyone actually agonizes over a reply

·
Registered
972 Posts
MSDS and YO-Dude dual exhaust are fine with each other. The Yo-Dude Y-pipe if used will not be warrantied by MSDS. but the headers come with their own y-pipe. Your plans will work well, and Yo-Dude, I think is planning on making a high flow cat for those with the MSDS headers. So get the KKM, MSDS Headers, Yo-Dude dual exhaust and high flow cat, and you will be fine. You should also notice about a 30hp increase at the wheels, all for under $1600 installed!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have not heard the Yodude is not compantable with the headers. I believe the headers come with a y pipe which contacts to the cat. converter and the Yodude would be from the cat. back as you said. Maybe the Yodude Y pipe isn't compatable with the headers, but as far as I know they come with one. I could be wrong on that, anyone with headers can inlighten us!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have the Yodude setup and the MSDS headers. They went together fine. It is just the Yodude y-pipe that is not compatable with the MSDS headers.

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
Ok what everyone has to understand is when a company makes a part it should work with the stock parts if the company wants to sell the product. If every company does this then all of the parts should fit together. The aftermarket is just highflowing or bigger piping but they should all fit the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.