New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Nissan Skyline and all I can say its not your typical R/C car.

I love the fact that you have to put together the body and you can modify everything inside the car - sky's the limit

This is just the starter kit and its fast

I also got the working headlight and taillight upgrade
I was down in the basement playing in the dark, freakin awesome very bright

Radio Shack has struck gold! I would recommend it to anyone who loves messing with cars.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
pics pics pics pics and more pics please :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
sounds pretty sweet. and it sounds like a lot of fun! but definatly post some pics, and maybe a vid if possible!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took tons of pics of the Nissan Skyline
My digital camera sucks, I need to get a video camera to capture the speed of this little demon

Out of the package

Assembled - stock Nissan Skyline

Assembled - Bodykit w/ CF hood

At night (well the lights turned off)

Watch out for the monitor!

Room lights ON

Room lights OFF

Whats that lurking in the room - yellow rat with glowing eyes haha

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Cool- I know What I Want for christmas...Finally Radio Shack offers a well built R/C.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
how fast do they actually go?.... they seem smaller than what they perceive them to be in the magazine adds.... how big exactly is it from front to back? and do you just buy them at any Radio Shack?

I have been looking at getting myself one for a while (since i seen the first magazine add) but have been reluctant as I didn't have enough details on it

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
It's a .25 cubic inch (4.1cc) big block engine that features a billet aluminum heatsink head for extra cooling
LOL, 4.1cc is considered to be a "big block" :rofl:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
howmuch are they??
how much are the parts??

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I went to check them out at radio shack today- pricey for upgrades. The one I was quoted online with EVERYTHING was 233.86. And I picked up a news flier on them.

Car itself- 49.99
Body kits- 12.99
Suspension- 7.99
Wheel upgrade- 9.99
Command Logic Lights-5.99
Motor upgrades- 12.99 + 15.99
Tire upgrade- 7.99
All wheel drive upgrade- 14.99

Well I might as well buy a real Civic, should cost about as much as a fully modded XMOD.

And of course there is a web site....here it iz

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I get these things for 30% off :biggrin:

Theyre not flying off the shelves as much as the company expected... I just dont think many people know about them. We also have way too much overstock on ZipZap's, too... itd take them a few months to figure out they were missing a box of 24 of them if someone decided to lift them.

Edit: Every other car comes in a variety of colors (Supra, Civic, RSX)... I wish i could get a skyline in silver but NOPE! only yellow.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
heh heh. if anyone wants to spend a few bucks shy of their $49.99 price tag, like maybe $45 (shipped), i could do it up for you

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i just found out ill get 30% off AFTER the holidays. Xmods are the only things we cant get a discount on.

sucks.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts