New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about installing my xbox into the cougar and then realized I had nowhere to put it? I dont just want to stick it on the floor, do people who do this use a custom mount, or are they made for retail purchase? Also, is there a huge problem with skipping cd's while driving (stock struts/springs)? thanks!

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
well here by law the people who install it have to wire the "brain" of your screen to the e-brake sensor cuz its illegal to drive while the tv is on. so the only time the ps2/game cube, dvd player or what have you will work is when the e brake is engaged . you didnt hear this from me but you can ground it out to a peice of steel on your car and bypass that

·
Registered
914 Posts
law schmaw... I just hooked my screens up to the back of the cigarette lighter... It never gets used anyway so there is no chance of blowing the fuse (those things draw VERY LITTLE current). The game system comes with RCA outs that go to the sound and video. I just slapped a Y splitter on the video RCA and ran one to each screen. For sound you just need a FM modulator of some sort. I powered my N64 by wiring in a 12 V cigarette lighter adaptor (with inline fuse of course) and plugged a power inverter to that. I have switches in line for the 12 V adaptor and both screens. Oh, and have fun!

EDIT: My N64 is in my glove box. I took off the case of the machine to make it fit. An X box is quite large and would not fit there though. Possibly you could fit it under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
ok someone please give me a legit reason on why anyone would ever do this? I could never understand such a concept. Actually the only way i can see it is if you have small children and you regurlarly take long drives. Other than that, in all honesty what is the point?

This is a serious question btw.. not just trying to spark an argument.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did it for several reasons.. One is because you dont see it too often really so it makes your car stand out that much more.. It's cool for the passengers when you're takin road trips, and another reason is because I download music videos and burn them to a dvd, then put that dvd in my car & basically watch music videos while listening to the music as well.. Just to be cool I guess???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the best reason is that since u can watch dvds from ur xbox, u can cruise around wit a gurl or gurls and if it gets boring u park , pop out ur screen turn the movie on, do get frecky u know what im sayin

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
WTH? You pulled up a 2 year old thread for an answer like that?? :rofl:

;)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
OMG! This thread IS 2 years old!!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
What were you guys thinking... the thread is dead. Nobody cares if you get your freak on in your Cougar. In fact, nobody cares if you get your freak on. :rofl:

:lock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts