New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PuckPuck.com gallery of bumper fitted

and it's very very very low...

I have the Ground Control kit, and in those pics i'm 11 turns from the lowest setting, which is quite high actually. I even showed a pic with the amount of wheel gap i've got at that height, usually i like to tuck my wheels and drive around but not with this bumper.

Since the pics, I have since gone up another 5 turns just to be on the safe side and not smack it on eveyrthing. So as it stands, the bumper, 16 turns from the lowest setting on ground control is just over 3" from the ground. I'm sure if I slammed my car the bumper would be litterally on the ground, and possibly bearing some of the weight of my car. I also have the camber plates installed.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
3 questions Pierre...

1. How did the X1's fit??? They look good on your car...
2. Do the Camber Caster Plates have any effect on how low the car is or how it sits... im just curious on the relevance of the camber plates...
3. Which sides and rear did you decide to go with...

Car is gonna look good man... I remember when you used to tell people how low the visteon front is... now what do you consider to be low :)??

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The x1s were a *****... one side fit differently than the other... we had to slot nearly all the holes to get it to line up right with the body lines of the car, and the mirror sail portion still doesn't work perfectly (going to need some fiberglass to fill it in)...

I'm not sure if the camber plates effect height at all. I never measure the height of both perches, but from what I can remember they were rougly the same height.

For the rear, i'm prolly going to get a bumper from another car fitted onto my car and end up with the x-treme sides

this bumper is definetly lower than anything else...

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
holy! looks like you've been quite busy!

I cant believe you went with the X-Treme bumper though! its already the naturally lowest bumper out there, so you wont be able to really fully slam your coug the way you did with your visteon stuff, but it should still look nuts.

keeping the car black? or getting new graphics? :)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
holy! looks like you've been quite busy!

I cant believe you went with the X-Treme bumper though! its already the naturally lowest bumper out there, so you wont be able to really fully slam your coug the way you did with your visteon stuff, but it should still look nuts.

keeping the car black? or getting new graphics? :)
it's all going black again.... flames will be back on it, airbrushed will be a matter of $$$ if not, then i'll get another set off bryan... something different though, but still as agressive...

as for slamming it, i still drive around with just over 3" of clearance... it still looks low as hell... but now i'll be able to put it ON the ground now :)

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
OMG - holy ****.. I'm about to cry right now because I totally understand that I will not be able to leave my driveway once my car is completely put together. I have Progress springs and had about a shoe clearance before.. wow I think I am insane - I started assembling tonight but haven't gotten to the front bumper yet.. :cry:

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
time to start fabricating some ramps out of plywood to get out of your driveway :)

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Driveway Modding! Bust out the angle grinder!

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
I told y'all it was 4" of clearance on stock suspension. The highest setting on GC is still a 1" drop from stock height. :)

The Battle Kit bumper is also 4" clearance on stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
puck puck how was the fit i have one of these on order im waiting for did you have to mod it much to fit it or was it pretty good??
also what size rim's tyre's do you have and how high is your front arch(the top of it) from the ground i have 18"wheel's with 40 profile tyre's on a 35-40mm drop im getting pretty worried that the bumper is going to be on the deck!!!:cry:
make sure you post some pic's when you have it done it's looking good so far!.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bumper fit wonderfully, although I find you need to slightly wiggle the headlights to get them in all the way now, but it's not really an issue at all...

i have 17" rims with 225/45 tires on them

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
how bout underneath the headlights? there was somewhat of a gap under my Drift when I had it on.. will the Exteme be the same?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
The bumper fit wonderfully, although I find you need to slightly wiggle the headlights to get them in all the way now, but it's not really an issue at all...

i have 17" rims with 225/45 tires on them
thank's puck puck im not going to be able to get on my drive anymore:cry:

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
99-00 vs 01-02

the 01-02 lights sit slightly lower.... this bumper was designed on an 01 car. by virtue of this, there is a small gap under the lights... nothing that looks out of place though.... i can take some more pics of this gap if you like

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Pierre, that bumper on my car (2001) had the same gap under the headlights when I installed it. So, maybe it's just a generic problem.

By the way... it's great to see that bumper finally put to good use! Good job my friends, keep it up! Can't wait to see the final product!

Darrell.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts