New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an X-Box in their car, running to some screens? Where did you mount the console? How easy is it to hook up?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
had one on a custom shelf under the glove box runinng to my 2 tv's replaced it with a dvd player as i never used it for games

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont' really want it for games, more for just dvd's, but can't seem to find a decent dvd player for cheap enough

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
After spending $30 on the remote I found out the Xbox makes a ****ty DVD player. Theres not even an eject button.

Check radio shack for a $50 'Cyber Home' DVD player... its less than 12" square and also plays Region 2 dvd's. Or if you want PM me and I can get you one for around that price shipped with my discount

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'll tell you why the xbox is awesome... If you put a 250gig in it you can load hundreds of games, movies, and music files...

Anyone have any pics of an xbox installed??

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Yeah I have a modded Xbox installed. It however will not take a 250Gig HD, it's MAX is a 120G. It's mounted under my glove box and I made it removeable.
It's a great thing to have to store music, movies and games on. Especially when you can copy the games straight to the HD :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Originally posted by: blustreak
Yeah I have a modded Xbox installed. It however will not take a 250Gig HD, it's MAX is a 120G. It's mounted under my glove box and I made it removeable.
It's a great thing to have to store music, movies and games on. Especially when you can copy the games straight to the HD :biggrin:
update your bios to allow it to "see" a larger hard drive... i've got a 250gb in mine. at first i could only see ~120gb on the "f" partition with the first bios i used... but when i recently changed it i have access to it all... note this is on a SOFT MODDED xbox... no mod chip.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Originally posted by: Zalec
Originally posted by: VHull03
i've heard most people put them under the passenger seat.
i wouldnt recommned that. chances of it overheating are more then likely.
Or even worse water damage- lost one of my Ps2 consoles to that one.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I know George (DgnZ) has/had an Xbox running through a few screen in his car.....you may wanna pm him about it.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
either way. i woud not keep the xbox in the car all the time... when i get ready to throw mine in the car, it'll only be for long trips, possibly shows, etc.....

N

·
0 Posts
I had the Xbox in my car for a little while, but it wasnt practical enough. I still have the PS2, but Im working on a custom setup now. But honestly the HUD on the XBOX is definatly hot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts