New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever figure out a way to change or fix the horn when you lock twice so it doesn't sound so girly? Seems like it might be possible to replace it with a different type of horn. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,941 Posts
I know some people have wired it to their HORN- horn, on the front. I'd like to do that as well.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
mine doenst even work? where is the girly horn?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its kinda a VW bug sounding thing and it seems to come from the passangers side just behind the door.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so maybe we can get a different sounding horn and just wire that in instead? If its behind the panel, anyone know how to get to it?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Mine doesn't have the lock horn. I believe the earlier 99's didn't have it. I was shocked when I went to a meet and heard other people's car honk with the lock button... And they were shocked that mine didn't.

I would like to change our stock horn though. I want a loud horn... like a Semi... I wanna make slow people MOVE and I wanna scare pedestrians..

·
Registered
418 Posts
I would like to wire it to my actual horn as well

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Originally posted by: Fett
Mine is an early 99 and I have that wussy horn.
Mine must have been broken when I bought it then? :shrug:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't believe everyone has put up with the wussy horn for so long!! We gotta do something about this! Is this conver in the Ford Tech CD?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I have and early 99 and I don't have one. I do have that annoying sounding panic button though

Mike

·
Registered
418 Posts
Can we take the wires from the "Anti-Theft Horn" (1) and connect them to our regular horn somehow/somewhere?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but spend $40 on dual trumpet horns, and use one of the stock horns to replace the alarm one. Id say use both stock ones but i wouldnt do that without using a relay.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.