New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just bought a 1999 cougar 2.5 sport model parts car and that i will be parting out later on but right now im looking for someone with a 99 2.5 sport ECU with a return style fuel system and TC

this parts car has the returnless style system and ECU and i cant use it on my car so if theres anybody out there willing to trade for or even sale a return style ECU and corisponding Keys for it that would be pretty sweet

trades on other parts might be possible also if you have a return style ECU for a 99 sport and dont need the returnless ECU back

· Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Traction control is not in the ECU it is in the ABS Module. If you have a parts cougar with Traction control can I please buy the ABS Module off of you. The motor went bad in mine and would like to get the traction control fixed for the winter. BTW you could gut the whole parts car and make yours returnless.

· Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Traction control is not in the ECU it is in the ABS Module. If you have a parts cougar with Traction control can I please buy the ABS Module off of you. The motor went bad in mine and would like to get the traction control fixed for the winter. BTW you could gut the whole parts car and make yours returnless.
no sorry, that car didnt have the TC i wish it did because wade needed a wheel sensor for his and u needed that... idk i could make mine returnless but thats alot of work haha especially with me putting the new tranny in sometime this week so it would be nice to just find a 99 sport return style ECU but idk anybody that has one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.