New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Mercury Cougar XR, 2000 Mercury Cougar
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 XR and recently picked up another 2000, working on restoring both just seeing what’s out there as far as parts go. Not looking for anything specific but if anyone does have parts of any sort laying around and would be willing to post them it would be appreciated. Gets harder to find parts everyday now.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I know you said nothing specific but are you looking for more stock parts or aftermarket? Is the car a MTX or Auto? Color? I have my original '99 with quite a few aftermarket parts that I've accumulated over the years of owning four Cougars (I've been here a long time and have acquired several other members cars).

I'm about to call it on this era and put up all the Cougar items I have (including the car) for someone as a project but maybe I can help you out pending what you're looking for.

Reactions: Surge0077

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know you said nothing specific but are you looking for more stock parts or aftermarket? Is the car a MTX or Auto? Color? I have my original '99 with quite a few aftermarket parts that I've accumulated over the years of owning four Cougars (I've been here a long time and have acquired several other members cars).

I'm about to call it on this era and put up all the Cougar items I have (including the car) for someone as a project but maybe I can help you out pending what you're looking for.
The 2002 is a MTX in Racing Red and the 2000 is Auto and Black, both are the 2.5L but planning to 3L swap the XR. Not looking for anything specific I’m ordering a WW kit for the ‘02 and the car getting repainted so color doesn’t really matter. And I’m not sure what the plans are for the black car yet I just picked that up a week ago.

As far as stock parts all I really need is ‘01-‘02 fog lights so I was more interested in seeing what’s out there for aftermarket parts or what‘s still out there in general. Just looking at options I’m not completely sure where I’m going with the cars yet.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Holy crap it’s blustreak!
Hey hey!... I still lurk from time to time and am still in possession of have my original '99. It seems that some of the OGs are still around but many have unsurprisingly moved on. I'll be moving across the country by the end of the year (GA/FL --> WA) so I'm probably going to end up parting ways with the car and everything I have for it because I won't have the space for it in WA. However, maybe I'll end up with another in the future, who knows!

The 2002 is a MTX in Racing Red and the 2000 is Auto and Black, both are the 2.5L but planning to 3L swap the XR. Not looking for anything specific I’m ordering a WW kit for the ‘02 and the car getting repainted so color doesn’t really matter. And I’m not sure what the plans are for the black car yet I just picked that up a week ago.

As far as stock parts all I really need is ‘01-‘02 fog lights so I was more interested in seeing what’s out there for aftermarket parts or what‘s still out there in general. Just looking at options I’m not completely sure where I’m going with the cars yet.
I do have quite a few aftermarket parts (Centerlines, Koni/GC, MSDS, ST200, SVT cams, the original Stangkiller LCAs, etc) but I'll probably post them up with the car here soon (good deal for anyone interested in it all). Again, that's why I inquired to find out what your plans were.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have quite a few aftermarket parts (Centerlines, Koni/GC, MSDS, ST200, SVT cams, the original Stangkiller LCAs, etc) but I'll probably post them up with the car here soon (good deal for anyone interested in it all). Again, that's why I inquired to find out what your plans were.
I sent you a PM I’d definitely be interested when you’re ready to sell some stuff.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,797 Posts
Dang it. I've been looking for a set of Stangkillers for years with no luck. Let me know if you want to unload those, the race car needs them.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang it. I've been looking for a set of Stangkillers for years with no luck. Let me know if you want to unload those, the race car needs them.
That makes 2 of us

·
Administrator
11,659 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts

2000 Mercury cougar base 5-speed(pretty sure it's Lazer red metallic)

Any chance you have a rear sway bar that's not bent/twisted? I started hearing a clunking sound coming from the rear, and the driver's side is raised a few mm compared to the other side...

I tried messaging you but it's says since I'm a new user my daily limit has been reached(never messaged anyone before)

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
In no particular order, I have:
  • I have a brand new, never installed, Cougar S rear spoiler set (for the decklid + roofline)
  • 2001+ Aussie Headlights with a couple thousand miles on them (tabs on the back of one are busted, but otherwise in great shape)
  • Mirko Rear Strut Tower Brace (technically the first one ever made)
  • Unused Weld-In Subframe Connectors
  • European Key Set (to replace the keys throughout the car with the super cool european versions)
  • Rear brake light set with black painted cover installed
  • The huge factory manual set (the big paper books with instructions for how to take everything apart)
  • Full pedal set with the 2001+ design (800 miles on them)
  • MTX shifter tower assembly (800 miles on it)
And probably a bunch of other little things. I've got this all sitting in a cabinet in the garage, and would love for it to go to a new home.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
  • I have a brand new, never installed, Cougar S rear spoiler set (for the decklid + roofline)
  • 2001+ Aussie Headlights with a couple thousand miles on them (tabs on the back of one are busted, but otherwise in great shape)
  • European Key Set (to replace the keys throughout the car with the super cool european versions)
  • The huge factory manual set (the big paper books with instructions for how to take everything apart)
And probably a bunch of other little things. I've got this all sitting in a cabinet in the garage, and would love for it to go to a new home.
Pm sent

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
As long as the pedals in that set will fit my SVT Contour I could be into that if the OP isn't, since this is technically their thread. I'll try to verify if they are the same.

·
Administrator
15,563 Posts
Hey hey!... I still lurk from time to time and am still in possession of have my original '99. It seems that some of the OGs are still around but many have unsurprisingly moved on. I'll be moving across the country by the end of the year (GA/FL --> WA) so I'm probably going to end up parting ways with the car and everything I have for it because I won't have the space for it in WA. However, maybe I'll end up with another in the future, who knows!
Good to see you man. I still have an SVT Contour but the Cougars are long gone. I'll keep an eye for your for sale thread...I could be into some vulturing heh.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
2000 Mercury cougar base 5-speed(pretty sure it's Lazer red metallic)

Any chance you have a rear sway bar that's not bent/twisted? I started hearing a clunking sound coming from the rear, and the driver's side is raised a few mm compared to the other side...

I tried messaging you but it's says since I'm a new user my daily limit has been reached(never messaged anyone before)
Trying not to hijack this thread but...
-Its pretty unlikely that your sway bar is damaged.
-Your endlinks are probably garbage
-Your bushings might be worn out
-Your bushing brackets could be damaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying not to hijack this thread but...
-Its pretty unlikely that your sway bar is damaged.
-Your endlinks are probably garbage
-Your bushings might be worn out
-Your bushing brackets could be damaged.
When I got a new subframe and control arms put in the guy also did the end links.

I figured the the bushings would be because of age, but I didn't think of the bushing brackets but I'll check that.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
When I got a new subframe and control arms put in the guy also did the end links.

I figured the the bushings would be because of age, but I didn't think of the bushing brackets but I'll check that.
Dont assume the end links are good without looking at them. The OEM design can fail within days.

Reactions: Surge0077
1 - 20 of 23 Posts