New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 V6 MTX Ebony Black Wild at Heart Trim
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find a pair of them here in Europe. I am looking for the ones that cover everything around the lights. No reflectors, only keyhole and lights. Preferably painted factory black but doesn't have to be just without any cracks or anything. If you need any Euro parts I can arrange them in exchange.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
I haven't seen those for sale in a very long time. You could try making some out of fiberglass or painting your lights.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@mmc757 how am I supposed to make some myself? like i genuinely have no clue how i would be able to do something like that

@jaged check your PMs

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
@mmc757 how am I supposed to make some myself? like i genuinely have no clue how i would be able to do something like that

@jaged check your PMs
This video is incomplete and it looks like she didn't do great finishing work, but it shows you how to make the shell and gives you the basic idea.
If she had finished it correctly, she would have added more resin and sanded it until perfectly smooth then painted or gel-coated it the right color.
For our tail lights, you would also need to cut out the boob-holes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks really interesting and not all that hard and could be useful for other things aswell.... might give it a shot if I can't find anything else.

·
RIP CougaH
5,271 Posts
I know this thread is super old, but I do have a set if you'd like to buy them. However, they do have circular cut-outs above the reflectors (which you can see in the side photos).

They're currently attached to the taillight assemblies (also for sale), but assume you'd only want the covers, so I could try to remove the adhesive tape holding them on there.

Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know this thread is super old, but I do have a set if you'd like to buy them. ......
Already found some months ago and even saved a set with some US Taillights (which I also wanted) from being thrown in the Trash yesterday.
But still thanks for the offer. Maybe you can find someone else that wants them, since this post got shot up onto the main page again now..... maybe someone wants my second set haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts