New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Help me out with my search for my next project. I have an engine on stand and I am looking for a MTX Cougar in pretty good shape with a blown engine anywhere in the U.S! I will tow a car up from the South or even the West Coast. If you guys see anything of this nature in your local autotrader or craigslist, etc.... please let me know! I have big plans for a Cougar since my SVT is gone.

Must be in decent shape though, nothing too high of mileage or beat up too bad. I would LOVE a black Cougar with leather interior, but I will buy any Coug that is in good shape, bad motor, and it must be a manual transmission! Shoot me a pm if you know of anything!

Thanks and help a fellow NECO owner out!

Reebs

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love seeing WTB ads in the FS section........:rolleyes:

Moved.
I'm sorry. I really didn't even know you had two different sections for FS and WTB. I must spend too much time on CEG. :rofl:

Keep your eyes open for me though guys!

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Are you looking for any specific year Cougar? Or just any 99-02 Cougar?
(Just looking to help with your search)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you looking for any specific year Cougar? Or just any 99-02 Cougar?
(Just looking to help with your search)

Thanks for your input. I am looking for I guess what would be the 99-02 Cougar's so that I can swap my spare 3L duratech motor in it. What was the big year change over for Cougars? I thought the 98's were just like the 99-02's? I guess I need to do some Cougar research!

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
There's . . no such thing as a 1998 Mercury Cougar . . . there are some subtle body style changes from the "first generation" (99-00) to the "second generation" (01-02) Cougars, but I emphasize subtle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts