New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm looking to buy a 01-02 v6 cougar 5 speed, black if possible for 5k or under. I see lots of 99-00 for that price but I want the interior of the 01-02. I've seen one in Quebec but to far for me to go and look at.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
ive found that the prices in canada are a good bit higher for the cougars then in the states, at 5000 in the toronto i would be carefull about buying something with some hidden problems, mine was $6000 and needed front wheel bearings and its a 2000

good luck tho

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya checking autotrader daily also looking on kijiji. Found a 2001 yellow zn with 103k for 7k plus. but its an auto. I dont know how to drive a standard but after reading up on this forum for a couple of years most of you guy complain about how slow the auto is. I'll keep looking.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Ya checking autotrader daily also looking on kijiji. Found a 2001 yellow zn with 103k for 7k plus. but its an auto. I dont know how to drive a standard but after reading up on this forum for a couple of years most of you guy complain about how slow the auto is. I'll keep looking.
Personally I'd stick with the early 99's with return style fuel system. Plus I'm not a fan of the exterior on the 02's. YOu can always find an 02 interior and swap it out in a 99.

What about this one? A little over 5K.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/ontario-neco/117108-99-mercury-cougar-v6-toronto-area.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.