New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I pulled off my summer rims today and when I went to shine up my old stock 16s I found a dent on the back side of one rim and the tire has bulged out where the dent is. So, I am in need of one 16" polished (not painted) rim from a 2000 Cougar (doesn't say Cougar on one spoke) or 4 16" rims from any year (99 to 02). I figured maybe someone in Ohio would have theirs laying around and wanted to get rid of them and that would prevent me from paying shipping to someone else on the forums.

Oh yea, Hi Mark(Linkman), yes it is a coincidence that today you PM me saying I don't post any more and the reason I logged on today (first time in about 1 1/2 weeks) is to actually post. Lisa, the dog, and the Cougar are all doing fine. I am doing fine as well, the new job is GREAT! (just to give you an idea, I will have 6, yes 6 weeks of vacation next year!!!!) Well it's late, Lisa is calling for my help with something, and I need to get to bed soon. TTYL

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
The rim is most likely fine to reuse...the tire is probably NOT. I have dents all over my stock rims and as long as the bead seals they will be fine...especially since you drive about 3.1 miles per month. If the tire bulge is the result of a damaged sidewall then you gotta scrap it. Get it pulled off the wheel and the shot will be able to tell ya. Wasting money on 4 new wheels is just silly IMO.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I now drive 250 miles per month, remember since the beginning of August I have been driving to my new job. I posted so I would know if there were any rims available in Ohio. So, if Saturday comes around and they can't get the new tire to hold a seal on the bent rim I know where I can get another rim. I figure at the very least if I have to buy 4 rims it should still be cheaper than the $350 the stealership wants for a new rim. Yes, I hope that I don't need a new rim (probably don't), but I would much rather ask ahead of time if anyone has one so I know where to get one if I find I need one. Well my lunch break is almost over. I'll let you all know what happens Saturday.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Bright polished wheels are only $179 ea.
Even the retail is only $200-something. If your dealer is sayin $350 then you are either a sucka or they are full of ****. Either way they are lying. Even at $179 + shipping it's cheaper than $350. Also, I have NEVER EVER had a local dealership refuse to match the fordpartsonline price on any part from a $2 bolt to a $200+ wheel knuckle. If you need a new wheel then just buy a new one unless you can get a whole set for under $200. I'd be way more concerned about the tire though.

You seriously only drive 250 miles per month? I drive that by Thursday each week! Must be nice. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.