New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no 99-00. 01-02 only My buddy might be building a Hybrid if we can find good condition heads.

please let me know.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess we are port matching lol

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
There's a couple on ebay, or you could always go the junkyard route.

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,716 Posts
I junkyarded mine from a 2002 anniversary edition. I'd imagine they are pretty scarce in local wrecking yards just due to their being 20 years old now, and due to the low sales numbers of 01-02 Cougars in general, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah no chance. Heads suck to pull anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,911 Posts
Heads probably aren't that hard to pull if you have proper cutting tools and don't care about what interference you destroy getting to them. Plus it gives you a chance to grab a spare crossover tube, motor mount, and oil separator. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Detroit. It's too late, we are too far in now.

·
Premium Member
2,190 Posts
You could also pull the heads from an 00-02 Mazda MPV 2.5L. It's the exact same engine with a few very minor exceptions (knock sensor, lettering on the IMRC cover, etc), of course those are just as rare, but it does expand the pool of cars for those heads.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i thought about those too. Almost all are 3.0. He ended up going portmatched. Should have a longblock + trans ready to go in Saturday if he didn't forget any parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts