New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading back to my appartment, for some reason i was in the mood to race. A plain wrx comes up next to me, and were both doing about 55 or so. We both gun it, and i start to edge ahead, when i start to slow down cause of traffic ahead. Well he keeps going, i then gun it a little more to not let him pass, and he cuts right in front of me(less than a foot from hitting me). I slam on my brakes and lay on my horn for about 8 seconds. I then speed up and hit the next light where hes already stopped. I race him, barely got a good start, and I start to pull on him. He slows down, and i turn right into my appartment complex to see a car has also. Ends up being a cop! He asks how fast i was doing, and i tell him 60-65(speed limit is 45), he then asks why i was in such a hurry. I tell him that the silver wrx was less than a foot away from hitting me and cutting me off, and i caught up to him and raced him at the next light. I know its dumb to lie to cops, so i told the truth. He asked if i was racing, i said yes. He goes back to his car(meanwhile the wrx pulls through my complex from the otherside, and drives by me to heckle me sort of). Then comes back and asks me if the guy i was racing was my buddy, i said i swear to god i dont know him. I then explain how it was the car that drove near where we were at. He then asks me to step outside the car(I was afraid of getting arrested, i got arrested awhile back for something i didnt do). Heres the conversation we had...

Cop: How much did you get this car for?
Me: ummm, i got a deal on it from my dads dealership, i got it for 9,000 over a year ago.
Cop: Wow, do you like this car?
Me: Yes i do, its my baby.
Cop: I am tempted to impound your car, take your drivers license and give you a 12 point speeding ticket. Why shouldnt i give you a ticket?
Me: Ummm, well i dont know. I guess because i told the truth.
Cop: Do you have nos?
Me: No i dont, my cars slow.
Cop: Slow compared to what? a Ferrari? The way i saw it accelerate it looked pretty fast(one of the cops kept stareing at my car and my tail lights). He then said i want to hear you say you will never do this again.
Me: I will never do this again, it was stupid, i am sorry.
He gave me my stuff back and didnt give me a ticket.
I never knew my car was that fast, but i will admit one thing, im done racing on the street. Its not worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so the colorado boys are at it again...I got arrested again the other day haha. The lady forgot to file my extention for my community service for that 113 in a 55 thing a while ago so this cop musta ran my plates and he pulled me over and arrested me...that was cool...luckily i was right and there was no reason for me to be arrested...GO SAM AND LUCAS...WOOWOO

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
NEVER admit to racing. Just stick with, 'I didn't want him to cut me off since he did before, I needed to be in this lane to make my turn.' The same thing happened to me, and thats the story I stuck with and the cop let me go clean, with very little problems.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I know its dumb to lie to cops, so i told the truth
you have it backwards trust me.
it's dumb to tell the truth to cops beter to lie.
you admitted to street racing and to speeding.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by: gyger
I know its dumb to lie to cops, so i told the truth
you have it backwards trust me.
it's dumb to tell the truth to cops beter to lie.
you admitted to street racing and to speeding.
:rolleyes:
and thats the reason i didnt get a ticket. I learned from my father a long time ago, its not smart to lie to them. They know more than you think. I was riding with my dad when he raced some car, cop caught him. He talked with the cop, told him everything, they cop was going to give him a 75 in a 55, but ended up giving him a 65 in a 55.

You guys can say what you want, i know whats right...and thats not to lie.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
when you say plain WRX, do you mean Impreza? because a plain WRX would probably smoke you,or at least thats my guess. but the non WRX isnt turboed and i could see that happenin.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It depends on how much you think the cop saw. If you lie to them and they know you were racing, you're pissing them off more and you might've been better off telling them the truth. However, if he doesn't wanna take it easy on you, you've just admitted to having a "speed contest" and you can get in alot of trouble. So pick your poison.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by: coolcatstrut
It depends on how much you think the cop saw. If you lie to them and they know you were racing, you're pissing them off more and you might've been better off telling them the truth. However, if he doesn't wanna take it easy on you, you've just admitted to having a "speed contest" and you can get in alot of trouble. So pick your poison.
I'd rather walk away, and have told the truth.

Im sure they make a non turboed wrx, because this one was non turboed. Plus i read the wrx on the back of the car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Originally posted by: Q4kntmare

Im sure they make a non turboed wrx, because this one was non turboed. Plus i read the wrx on the back of the car.
The non-turbo WRX is an Impreza that someone stuck a WRX badge on.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius

thats what i was thinkin, damn ricers are everywhere now.it wont say wrx on it if its not turbo'd. oh well

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

oh well, it aint that big of a deal. That wasnt the reason i posted this story.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts

oh well, it aint that big of a deal. That wasnt the reason i posted this story.
i was just wonderin which it was bc i figured you must have some serious work to take down a WRX. i was just wantin to know if it was a WRX or impreza

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You guys can say what you want, i know whats right...and thats not to lie.
I'm just saying there are better ways to go about it.
Doesn't have to be 100% truth or 100% lies
50-50 works.
Like saying yes he (Impreza) was driving a little crazy so I wanted to get away
from him we met at the light and I got nervous because I was unsure of his intentions
and got on the gas more than I should've to try and get to my apartment complex.
When he asked how fast you were going I'd say 50-55 even if it was 60 or 65.
Also when you were standing there you should've made it very clear that the person that
taunted you was driving past at the exact moment you were talking to the cop.
Make yourself appear to be the victim not just some kid racing on the street.

What I'm saying is there are better ways to handle a situation with the police.
laying out the truth (even though it's "the right thing to do") can kick you in the ass sometimes.
We all have our methods though.
I've never had a speeding ticket.
knock on wood:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
If you are caught in the act and get pulled over, do not instantly think that you are busted and spill your story. You are only incriminating yourself. When you get pulled over, that is not the end of the road. Just keep your mouth shut and take the ticket... If the cop questions you about racing, simply state that you wish to have your attorney present while being questioned about topics that may incriminate you. They cannot punish you for this - it is your right. Then go to court and fight it. I would love to see the state's attorney try to prove in court that you were racing. What is the proof? How can they prove your intentions? Maybe you were just speeding... This way, you are not lying because you haven't said anything at all. Sure, you lucked out this time... But officers that will let a racing voilation go with a warning are far and few between. Next time your plan is going to blow up in your face and you will get a nasty ticket and probably a suspended license. If you then want to fight it, you have already confessed - so what is your argument? You would be going to court with the defense of "I don't think I should be severly punished, even though I am guilty as can be."

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by: ZEXCougar
If you are caught in the act and get pulled over, do not instantly think that you are busted and spill your story. You are only incriminating yourself. When you get pulled over, that is not the end of the road. Just keep your mouth shut and take the ticket... If the cop questions you about racing, simply state that you wish to have your attorney present while being questioned about topics that may incriminate you. They cannot punish you for this - it is your right. Then go to court and fight it. I would love to see the state's attorney try to prove in court that you were racing. What is the proof? How can they prove your intentions? Maybe you were just speeding... This way, you are not lying because you haven't said anything at all. Sure, you lucked out this time... But officers that will let a racing voilation go with a warning are far and few between. Next time your plan is going to blow up in your face and you will get a nasty ticket and probably a suspended license. If you then want to fight it, you have already confessed - so what is your argument? You would be going to court with the defense of "I don't think I should be severly punished, even though I am guilty as can be."
Well, i wont have to worry about this anymore, im done street racing.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
yea best way to not get a ticket is to take yourself out of that situation by not racing.

I admit though, I've done it a couple of times. I've even went really overboard to see if the car really would go up to 160. All of which is stupid. But we are all human and we all make mistakes.

Will I ever do those stunts again, probably so. . . but will be on the track :evil: If I get the car from 110mph in the 1/4 to 160! that'd be sick hehe.

But anyway. Good luck and like others said, if it ever happens again and he didn't really know. Just say 50/50 so to speak. Make up a story about the other guy. . .but be sure it's a good 'beliveable' one heheh.

And also, I think the cop was just ****ing with you. Otherwise he would have booked you.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Me: No i dont, my cars slow.
Cop: Slow compared to what? a Ferrari? The way i saw it accelerate it looked pretty fast(one of the cops kept stareing at my car and my tail lights). He then said i want to hear you say you will never do this again.

Hmmmm I wonder what this cop would have said if it was the TA considered he said. . slow compared to what, a Ferrari? :evil:

Actually knowing my luck if it was the TA the car would be impounded and I would be in Pound me in the *** prison :(

hehe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts