New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully Trevor is sighing a great sigh of relief that his engine wasn't blown, but he still needs a new window.

Good to meet everyone, hope you all had an okay time anyway, just watching Trevor and I futz with a Contour. These cars are all the same with the hood up... ;)

Sorry Gary couldn't make it- Are you making progress with your dealer damage claim?

See you guys next time around... Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
Sorry Gary couldn't make it- Are you making progress with your dealer damage claim?
i have an adjuster assigned to me, but she hasn't called yet. as soon as liability is determined, i'm taking the car in for some fresh paint. i'm hoping the other dealer will be done replacing my wheel bearings today. gonna swap in the O2 sensor this week.

sorry i couldn't make it. i was gonna stop by without the cougar, but my dad needed help cleaning out his garage, and i kinda owed him for helping me move.

·
8,550 Posts
My brother (a former technician and service writer for a Ford dealer) enjoyed the thought of nine people standing around providing "advice" on repairing a water pump... :)

(His other great one-liner during our conversation yesterday: "You probably aren't in the target demographic for the Impala.")

I hope we weren't too annoying. Thanks for hosting and letting us watch; I know I learned a couple things.

Less than 1 week to go with the splint, so hopefully I'll be able to drive my Cougar again soon. :biggrin:

--RJ

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell, you weren't in the target demographic for the Cougar either...

Hope you folks weren't too bored with just sittin' around- Next time we can cline up some mods and rattle them off one after another. Gary's suspension, someone should do a cat-back exhaust, an intake, etc.

Frosty- Get that vacuum leak in your intake fixed! Extend the wires to the IAT sensor so you can plug it into the tube. Right now you're going to be running lean 'cause the engine's taking in more air than what's been metered by the MAF. Not too good, especially for "spirited" driving.

·
Registered
95 Posts
if all goes well in the next week or so, ill put my car on the building blocks for the catback upgrade. :banana:

·
8,550 Posts
Originally posted by: DanG
Hell, you weren't in the target demographic for the Cougar either...
How's that? 24 years old, fresh out of college: I thought that was exactly the target demographic...

--RJ

·
Registered
371 Posts
RJ, I think their target demographic for the Impala is State Troopers and folks who will drive them in South Florida in the left lane with the blinker on. :tongue:

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're also not a girl... :tongue:

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I thought they were going after Integra and Eclipse buyers? I suppose alot of them are girls, but then alot of Mustangs are sold to girls.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Originally posted by: Spade
Well, "chick car" was the general consensus from my friends when I got the Cougar...
yeah. well, if it isn't a roadster or a muscle car, it's a chick car or family car. actually, i see more middle-aged women behind the wheels of a cougar than anyone else. :ugh:

EDIT: I take that back. Lots of chicks drive the Boxster and dig the TT.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
some of them younge ones can be pretty hot though... if u happen to catch one... i'll be heaing to MIR not this weekend but the following weekend for Import Vs Domestics if anyone else is going. U can read bout it MD NECO....i'm to lazy to post.

C

·
0 Posts
People thought mine was girlie till I put the kit on. Now everyone really likes it :D

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
yeah, and use an open element air filter to enhance engine growl. ;)
oh, and stay away from those Hello ***** stickers. way girly. :biggrin:

·
8,550 Posts
Yes, I know the Impala is a car geared for older people...which is what made my brother's comment so funny. But then, I've never been one to follow the trends anyway. See my sig, for example. :)

As for the Cougar, I don't think it's a "chick car": my experience is that women are more likely to want cars that are actually reliable, and I firmly believe it was the reliability reputation that killed the NECO. I think the Cougar was marketed at men and women in their early- to mid-20s. The fact that it was marketed at women in addition to men doesn't alone make it a "chick car".

On the other hand, my Cavalier had a built-in dispenser for those small packs of tissues that many women carry in their purses. Now THAT's a chick car. :)

But, on to more important topics: where can we meet some of those "pretty hot" female Cougar owners, anyway? Actually, she wouldn't even have to be a Cougar owner... ;)

--RJ

·
Registered
63 Posts
well my cougar will be under going some work within the next few months. i just priced putting my stereo back in it. full custom fiberglass install with two t.v's in the trunk, and one in each door panel. everyone keeps asking why not make it go fast? i am to much of a stereo geek, now i am just trying to get the car to look good so i can show it again.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Urbn:

It's all good unless you start spouting that your subs actually make your car faster by providing "thrust". :rofl:

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
As for hot chicks, I promise to show up to the next meet! ;)

·
8,550 Posts
gamiller: That's hilarious. Thanks!

tnkgurl: You'd better show. You promised me you'd let me drive your Cougar, just in case you forgot! :)

I'm going to the doctor Monday, so I hope hope hope the splint is coming off then! The arm does feel better, so I think it's healed, but we'll see. It'll be nice to drive the Cougar again!

--RJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts