New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think getting my car shipped from Lake Havasu, AZ to Indianapolis professionally is a real up hill battle right now. The trucking industry is a mess, especially that close to Kalifonia, and my route isn't terribly popular.
I'm debating the concept of looking for an amateur through Facebook and Craigslist to haul it for me.
If I do it, I would have a written contract, and require a photo of drivers license and insurance at a minimum, and probably have my dad inspect the tow vehicle before putting it on the road.

It's a pretty nerve-wracking proposition to ask an amateur stranger to haul my car for me...

Would you do it? Is this a horrible idea?

It might not even be possible to find someone for a rate that makes sense so this might not be a reality anyway, but I wont know if I don't try...

Discuss

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with that. Nobody touches my yellow car but me. I wont even bring it to someone for tires.
In this case, the green car is setup for flat towing with a tow-bar so It would actually be safer than letting a trucker load it on a trailer, but may be more exposed to gravel impingement on the nose.

·
Administrator
15,565 Posts
Is flying out and driving it home not an option?

I do have a friend that does this and I’d be happy to get you a quote, but he’d be deadheading from PA so I’d expect it to be pricey.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's running pretty rough and untuned so the risk of driving it that far isn't really acceptable.
I think I may have found a solution...more to come

·
Registered
171 Posts
Last time I delivered a green Cougar a great distance that wasn't in driving condition, I just rented a car hauler from Uhaul that straps down over the wheels to secure it. Cost ~$100 and had 0 problems. If you're going one way, you could just rent a pickup for the trip and drive it. My trip was only ~10 hours though while you'd be looking at an extra day.

·
Premium Member
4,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up finding a commercial freight hauler that did it. My worries were overblown.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts