New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm puttin this in the right post. Anyway, I've got a 99 Cougar ATX right now but I'm wantin to trade out to get a 99 Cougar MTX. Only thing is, I'm 5'6 tall. When driving my dads truck I have to sit right up next to the steering wheel to be able to push the clutch down far enough. I drove a friends Eclipse the other day that's manual and it was a lil easier and I could scoot back farther from the wheel. My question is, anybody out there close to my height that drives an mtx and how close do u have to move the seat up to push the clutch in? Thanx.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
i'm 5'7 and love my mtx...espically since its a terry haines.....lol......no more peg leggin................

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
yeah i am also 5'7" The cougar couldnt be an easier MTX to drive. If you have the chance to get an MTX.... DO IT you wont regret it one bit i can assure you

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I'm 6'3" and used to sit in the back seat of my cougar...literally, that car is much easier to drive for shorter people, or I should say more normal sized people.

Nonetheless, I saw a 6'7" guy get out of a cougar once, it was funny...for once I didn't get asked "how do you fit in that thing?"

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
My g/f is only 5'1" an can drive an MTX, now granted she does have to be right up on the steering wheel, but I don't think you will have any problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.