New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new neon kit in and i want to install it myself. it came with instructions but they suck. i can easily mount the neon lights but i'm a little unsure on how to wire it... can someone help me out?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just make sure that when you route the wires they face the battery and fuse box.
The front and passenger side will go forward and then towards the battery.
The driver side neon and the rear one will go left and then forward towards the battery.
You don't want to zip tie or run the wire next to the exhaust or moving parts such as the suspension. If you look under the car you see several places that you can run the wire without placing it in the vicinity of these things. I used a lot of zip ties to keep the wire secure.
The wires can run into the engine bay just under and to the left of the battery and then I mounted the transformer on top of the fuse box right next to the battery.
You have to run the toggle switch wires into the firewall. I would recommend using the hole behind the drivers side strut tower. It leads directly behind the inside fusebox. If you have anymore questions PM me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.