New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone still needs information about the wiring diagrams or workshop books, send me a message. I don't know how many cougar drivers are still left, but I still own one and i just love the car.
Happy to share some information. :)
Both engine models included. (2.5 v6 Duratec and 2.0 Zetec).

·
8,532 Posts
I have a copy of the old Ford CD from 1999 that runs on Windows sitting around here somewhere; I have no idea if that would even still run on today's computers. I wish I could extract the info into a portable form - as I recall, they were stored in a way that made them difficult to use (but it's been a LONG time since I've looked).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh nice that's pretty cool. I like to obtain any kind of information about the Cougar. If you ever find a way to digitalise it, im really interested.

·
5,271 Posts
I have the CD for the Cougar, and the electrical service manual. I keep a copy of Windows XP in a VirtualBox VM for the CD. (Also have the CDs for my Fusion, and Edge.) Found my CDs on eBay.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the CD for the Cougar, and the electrical service manual. I keep a copy of Windows XP in a VirtualBox VM for the CD. (Also have the CDs for my Fusion, and Edge.) Found my CDs on eBay.
Most likely u can run it on windows 7 or the new windows 10 with the compatibility. I have one on a computer that still runs on windows 10 without any VM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
If anyone still needs information about the wiring diagrams or workshop books, send me a message. I don't know how many cougar drivers are still left, but I still own one and i just love the car.
I am looking for more wiring diagrams on all the years. I have a 2000 and 2 - 2001’s. The workshop manuals I have for the wiring doesn’t go into real detail on some of the wiring plug connectors. If you have any of these please let me know. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have this book. But it's not an e-manual. So if you need specific info i can share some pages i guess

·
5,271 Posts
Most likely u can run it on windows 7 or the new windows 10 with the compatibility.
Eh, when I started, Win XP wasn't old. :) I kept it around for tax software compatibility. (Did upgrade to Win 10 this year for taxes, and so my wife could work from home before her work could cough up a business laptop.)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have this book. But it's not an e-manual. So if you need specific info i can share some pages i guess View attachment 81107 .
Yeah I have a similar book for my 2000, but doesn’t show what I was looking for. I wanted a breakdown of these wiring connectors. To were they all go to. But my book doesn’t tell me. Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Eh, when I started, Win XP wasn't old. :) I kept it around for tax software compatibility. (Did upgrade to Win 10 this year for taxes, and so my wife could work from home before her work could cough up a business laptop.)
Yeah I know the feeling. I was just learning when windows 95-98 came out and was so excited when XP came out. The challenge was the 64 bit version of XP a lot of bug and tweaking needed. ... I have a lot of editing programs that needed XP or 7 that I can still run on 10. 10 has come along way and is more compatible with the older versions of Windows now.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Yeah I have a similar book for my 2000, but doesn’t show what I was looking for. I wanted a breakdown of these wiring connectors. To were they all go to. But my book doesn’t tell me. Thanks
The symbols section of your manual should have a breakdown of the wiring codes that should give you an idea of the purpose of the wires. Using those educated guesses, you can probably go back to the wiring diagrams and find the wires your looking for. Its a little bit time consuming but the information is there, you just have to analyze it the old fashioned way.

My '99 manual is a little different than yours, but here's the same connector in my book:

Since these are all indications, I can assume I will find the connector in the instrument cluster drawings. So I scroll through those until I find C2114...

·
Registered
270 Posts
The symbols section of your manual should have a breakdown of the wiring codes that should give you an idea of the purpose of the wires. Using those educated guesses, you can probably go back to the wiring diagrams and find the wires your looking for. Its a little bit time consuming but the information is there, you just have to analyze it the old fashioned way.

My '99 manual is a little different than yours, but here's the same connector in my book:
View attachment 81109
Since these are all indications, I can assume I will find the connector in the instrument cluster drawings. So I scroll through those until I find C2114...
View attachment 81110
View attachment 81111
Ok I’ll have to look and see if mine has that. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When installing an aftermarket stereo I have a black with orange stripe wire very thin gauge and no radio schematics shows where it goes. If you could help me I would much appreciate it

·
Administrator
24,478 Posts
I had one left over and it was for the speed-sensitive volume control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks ... I have a much bigger problem though after installing the stereo the speedometer completely quit working whereas before it was intermittent. I already replaced the VSS , switched clusters, cleaned up grounds and yet the cruise speedometer and odometer don't work even whenever I make it digital to display the speed it's at zero. Have you heard of any fixes on this issue that sounds like it should have been a recall?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Is the alternator also failing to charge?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Check fuse 23 and Connector 141 (This is a 99 drawing, yours may be different if not a 99)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check fuse 23 and Connector 141 (This is a 99 drawing, yours may be different if not a 99)
View attachment 81122
Fuse 23 is fine , and check connector 141 on the speed control module for a 5v ref ?I've read alot about this problem but i haven't seen anyone fix it find out what exactly is causing this issue w the speedo, odo , and cruise have you or anyone else reading this ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts