New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this website and have searched this whole site and can't find a solution to my problem. I have a 1999 cougar and I want to wire a power cable from my battery to the trunk for an amp and subs. I can't seem to find a hole in the firewall big enough to work with. I would prefer not to drill through the firewall because I am a noob to this stuff and don't wanna ruin my week old car.
If someone could supply me with a tutorial with pictures it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot :bowdown:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
There is something out there, but I drilled a hole. If you look under your dash you can see a white plastic thing if I recall correctly, and its under the drivers side. You can see this plastic thing on the other side of your firewall inside your engine bay. This can help you landmark, start small and go bigger, and it helps to have two people just to be sure you don't drill anything you might need in your engine bay. lol

·
3,109 Posts
BlackBettys got it right.
its a bit nerve racking the first time drilling into the firewall. just take your time and make sure that both ends are clear of obstruction.

if you have an atx then you can feed it through where the clutch would be. I'm assuming that you have MTX tho since you didn't find that.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Yeah drilling holes in your car is always a bit stressfull.. same thing when installing my Jaged RSTB.. measure a million times, drill once :)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
if you have an atx then you can feed it through where the clutch would be. I'm assuming that you have MTX tho since you didn't find that.
About the only thing the atx is good for. Very convient though!

·
Registered
529 Posts
no drilling is neccesary guys,under the glove box(passenger side) that a rubber boot the a harness runs through, i have a 01 so i dont know if the 99-00 is the sane, just my 2 cents:)

·
3,109 Posts
I didn't even look over there when I was doing it, cause the battery is on the opposite corner of the engine bay. and my power wire wouldn't have reached the back of my car if i had run it around the engine bay like that

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I didn't look over there either, oh well... had enough power wire too.. now the RCA's going from my deck to my sub is a different story.. almost too short..

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
I didn't look over there either, oh well... had enough power wire too.. now the RCA's going from my deck to my sub is a different story.. almost too short..
I hear that. I had to buy new rca cables when I swapped from a stock deck/loc to an aftermarket deck. It was off JUST enough.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for everyones help but I still can't find any good access points. If someone could supply some good pics of where to drill because I will just end up doing that. One more thing, does anyone know if I can hook up an amp directly to the stock stereo or do I need a new one???
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts