New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting underbody neons over the weekend...is it easy to wire them up (to a switch)????? are there any diagrams or how-to's on how u guys and girls wired them?

thanx

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
easy as hell......

One pin will be power.....

one pin will be ground.....

and one pin will be the power for the load (the neon) and then just ground the other neon wire......Bout as easy as it gets.....

Good luck with 'em! :banana:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This is a really eash process, I had never done it before and I did it in liek 2 hours total. All the neons connect together, and then the box completes the circuit. One wire comes from a power source to the box, and one line goes from a ground to the box. Then the switch gets wired into the power just like any other switch. They give you pretty good instructions with the kit, and if not go to streetglow.com and print them out. Diagram and all. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Actually if you have a bit that is made to drill in metal, its not all that bad......

BTW, not all under bodies hook in series together...I have the Optyx Street glow set, and each neon has a seperate wire....it sucks ass, cause you have to run so many wires......

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea I have the OPTX too, the hardest part for me was running the wires, especially for the sides and the rear. For the sides I had to go in the fender wells, into the bumper, and to the distribution box which I mounted to the fuse box cover. For the rear, heh, I just ran that wire right up the inside of the rear bumper, through a little space in the taillight, through my trunk, and along the side of the car, where my amp wire is, and through the firewall. :thumbsdn:

Mike

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yeha OI agree...I don't like the Optx set either...I'm thinkin bout gettin a set of the Gold series....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.