New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just out of curiosity why are you not supposed to paint anything when the temp is like below 50? this is posing as a major problem to be because i want to repaint my interior but the only time i will have to do it is in the winter. will it really effect the outcome alot? maybe if i tried to keep the can warm by keeping it near a heater or inside between coats?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i can only see a problem if you try to paint on cold surfaces..the paint wont stick or cure right...but if you remove the pieces and paint them inside or in a heated garage then i cant see a problem...as long as you let the pieces cure for a couple days before reinstalling them..i would however suggest not putting the can of piant beside a heater or resgister between coats...most paints tend to foul or explode when exposed to heat..you would be best off to PM crispy and double check with her though..good luck with this..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya when i said by a heater i didnt mean like really close but a few feet away just to keep the cans like around 70 deg or so. well i got the dash apart now and i already started sandin so hopefully everything goes well. thanks

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea you should always paint in an environment where the temperature is above 50 or 60, it says it on the can. and don't leave the paint cans in the cold garage, believe me, i've done it, and the paint turns out really bad.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts