New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wings west spoiler

still need help....i havew another post in how to's also but no1 is answering my problem. i just need to know if i can use the stock bolts for the wings west high rise.

·
Registered
587 Posts
wings west spoiler

I have seen the how to before, check the search and if not there head over to team neco site and find it there.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wings west spoiler

argh...i can't find the how to onthis sight so i went over to teamneco.com like u said and it wasn't there and then wings west told me it was on their site and guess what, its not. sum1 please point me to a how to

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've tried both current and archived pics for the last week and have come up w/ NOTHING at all. can some just please point me toward a how-to.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
what search words are you using? anywho
find someone who has that wing and send them a pm asking them. Im sure they will help you out.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've searched everything from wings west to WW to turbo wing to spoiler install. anything that has to do w/ the spoiler i've tried it. the main question i have whihc i have pretty much figued out. i didn't have a spoiler to start w/ and am trying to figure out where the holes out. i have pretty much deduced that they go where there are two black pulgs covering 2 empty spaces about 2-3 in apart on either side of the back of the trunk. the only other thing i need to know is the bolt width of the sotck screws.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
the only absolute way to know is to get the spoiler IMO

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
If you're going with the Wings West high rise, you might want to get longer bolts; the width doesn't really matter cuz you can just drill the holes in the wing larger if you need to, but the best way to tell is to get the spoiler, then see what bolts will fit. Also, you will need to drill two more holes closer to the rear window to hold the spoiler, so open the trunk and look at that lip that comes out around the edge of the trunk lid. The width of the screw should be about maybe half of that.

Mike

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats IMO? i already have the spoiler and have decided that i don't want to drill the extra holes. i have heard 3M foam tape works wonders unless any1 feels other wise. I am kind of shakey ont hat because i'm not sure if that will put too much stress on the other bolts and possibly crack the wing. so you think i can just to go home deppt and find a bolt and put it right on? and are the bolts longs because i don't want it going to high up and cracking the wing.
thanks for all u'r help i really appreciate it. i don't want to mess it up and have to have my trunk fuxed or my spoiler.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Well if you want a perfect job all I can say is bring it to a bodyshop and let them put it on. That's what I did. This way if they mess it up they'll have to fix it too. And I would not suggest using 3M tape for the other two holes, its not worth the damage that could occur to your trunk...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts