New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I turn my wipers on.... the intermittent will not work like it's suppose to....it just goes back and forth like when you put it to the normal "on" position. The "on" position works fine and so does the "fast"....but if I turn it to any of these, and then turn it off---the wipers won't turn off until I turn the car off.... What the freak?

any ideas???

is this expensive?

is there something I can do---or somewhere you guys reccomend taking it to so I won't have to pay an arm and a leg???

·
Registered
224 Posts
I did a search of the forums and found no answers... Anyone know for certain what may be causing this?

·
8,545 Posts
Probably the switch or the relay.

·
5,273 Posts
I'd start looking at that multifunction switch / stalk thing. Maybe there's a testing procedure on the Ford service CD?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having problems with my windsheild wipers as well. I turn them on and the washer fluid thingy turns on and it won't quit so i turn the wipers off and the washer fluid is still running. It finally ran out of fluid and made a horrible noise until i could get it off. Now im too scared to turn on my wipers. Any ideas why that is happening??
-- Ashley

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ashley99, it sounds like you have a stuck relay that goes to the washer fluid pump.

dre1, I suspect the wiper relay for you but you could have a short somewhere.

·
Registered
124 Posts
as somebody wrote it before... i'm pretty sure it could be only the switch.... is it worth to buy a new one for a wiper intermitence?

Try to change the switch from a junkyard, it is way cheaper... here i can find one for less than $100... but i still wont pay it to solve that...

·
Registered
34 Posts
My problem is with the back windshield wiper.
1. When I push the right control shaft towards the dash to get the washer to work the stuff will squirt out but the wiper won't run.
2. Is the back windshield wiper supposed to be continuous or intermittent. It would make more sense for it to be intermittent but it's not and to be honest it get's on my nerves.

·
8,545 Posts
My problem is with the back windshield wiper.
1. When I push the right control shaft towards the dash to get the washer to work the stuff will squirt out but the wiper won't run.
2. Is the back windshield wiper supposed to be continuous or intermittent. It would make more sense for it to be intermittent but it's not and to be honest it get's on my nerves.
Those are both normal behavior. The sprayer doesn't automatically activate the rear windshield wiper, and the rear windshield wiper runs continuously at one speed when it's on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts