New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! Has anyone experienced their jets freezing when the temp is below 30 degrees F?

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My windshield wiper fluid has antifreeze in it, so I can't figure out why it's still freezing. :shrug:

·
Administrator
11,560 Posts
It still can freeze if it's cold enough. Just recently my friends poured some on the ground to see either see if it would freeze, or because they didn't have any salt...but it froze in a blue puddle.

Does it just trickle out or not spray at all? I would imagine the engine warmth would thaw it after a little while. Maybe your washer pump died.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Has it snowed, or is it just cold? If it has snowed. its possible there is ice frozen on the opening of where the fluid squirts out. Try putting some deicer on there and see if it helps.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The jets did this last year, same conditions. It's just cold, no snow. And there's nothing, no spray at all.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Like Scullin said, the engine warmth should defrost the washer nozzles if you take a long enough trip.

i heard it's getting cold up there John... how cold is it that windshield washer fluid freezes? :biggrin:

·
Administrator
11,560 Posts
Today is supposed to be one of the coldest days & nights since 1957 here. Right now it's -10* w/a windchill. Tonight it's supposed to hit that without the wind.

The same day of the anti-freeze experiment I was wiping off my headlights so I could see better at night. I went inside to get a dry towel, and I kid you not, I came back out under a minute later it it was already frozen solid.

I would pour some of the de-icer brand washer fluid (not just antifreeze) in and let the car warm up. Maybe hold a lighter near the nozzles to thaw them as well. But after driving around for say 20min the engine temp should have heated up the washer fluid tank enough that it can push it's way through the tubing. I use the Prestone stuff, looks like lemon/lime Gatorade.

·
Administrator
11,560 Posts
Let me just add that with this weeks record low's I haven't had 1 problem starting my car in the morning. I hit the remote start & she fires right up.

I added some Lucas Oil Gas Treatment to keep the lines from freezing before the cold really hit.

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried waiting until the engine was warmed up yesterday and it worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help! Next time, I'm switching to the de icer stuff!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts