New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the passenger side of my car it looks like the weather stripping at the base of the window is coming off. Just above the handle where the stripping on the door meets the rear window, the edge is pulling up. It looks almost like it's warping. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way I just pull the whole thing off and replace it? I don't want to take it off without having a replacement since it is what prevent water from draining inside the door.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep, you can just replace it. I had to replace mine and the part cost me $14 from ford. Its as simple as pulling the old one up and snapping a new one in. Later!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you talking about the foam where the window meets the frame of the car? Mine shrunk and is pulling off on the drivers side, but when I asked about it at the dealership they quoted me 140 dollars!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hertzy,

I think he's talking about the weather stripping that is on the door right at the base of the window. It's a hard plastic piece. I know that weather stripping foam that you are talking about has to be a PITA to change out. Let me know how that goes.

Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts