New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I can't find any info on how to install these replacement caps for your window washer/sprayer; they're chrome, and supposedly light up when on. Any info would be really helpful, because I don't want to go to a stupid place to pay to have them installed when I have all the awesome peeps at NECO!! Thanks again to everyone for all the help! :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
That;s one of the easiest mods around. simply pop out the old stock black plastic washer sprayers and pull the rubber hose off them to remove the old ones.

Then put the new ones in place and tighten the nut with washer on it so it's held in place. Reattach the rubber hose to it and now it's physically installed. The next part is the wires.

There are a hundred different ways of wiring them up depending on your skill and interest. The simplest way to wire them is to your parking lights. Attach the plus and minus wires of the washer LED's to the plus and minus of the wire going either parking light. Use a meter to check polarity because LED's only work in one direction where bulbs work in either direction. If you wire it up this way, the LED's will come on with your parking lights.

The more elaborate way of wiring them if you want better control is a switch inside the car. This will require running a power wire through your firewall to a switch and back out to the engine compartment again.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Well said....... Just becareful, cause with just about any lighting they're illegal :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Excelcier
You've followed posts / pics of my car, guess mine's classed as BEYOND illegal!

You haven't even seen the latest I'm working on.
Lemme see lemme see :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Yeah, be careful if you get those LED lights... I've got them, and I was pulled just two hours after I installed them. Total of seven times now - each time told to turn the neon off... and that the next time I'll get a ticket :biggrin:

G

·
Natasha...I showed you how to do this at our last meet!!! PM me if you decide you want some help wiring them up... :cool:

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
clear and amber are legal any other color is illegal at least in colorado
you have to be more specific when you say that...like illegal in that you WILL get pulled over, or illegal in that you'll fail state inspection? I always get confused about this...like people say, hyperwhites in your parking lights are illegal...you won't necessarily get pulled over just for this, but you will fail inspection, or if you do get pulled over for something else and the cop is an a-hole he may say "hyperwhites? ticket!"

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the info- I went into Checker today and they told me not to install them because they're illegal regardless in AZ because of the red light. I'm wondering now if it's okay just to install them, but not have the lighted part on?? I'd like the look of the chrome against black; I don't need the red light-look, so, is there a way to do that?? Thanks again for all the info,
Natasha

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: Excelcier
You guys are terrible!
:banghead:
She needs to know this stuff....no one wants a fellow member to mess up there cars :biggrin:

·
Registered
74 Posts
neon and etc were illegal in Indiana and I was pulled over for my blue neon and washer leds... but I found a court case in feb od this year where they found that neon light ins legal...
so I printed out a copy and i am just waiting to get pulled over again :biggrin:

below is a copy of that case...

Attachments

G

·
i have the blue led ones and only one cop has ever told me they were illegal and ive gone by many cops. he told me any forward facing red of blue light is illegal in colorado. but everyother cop must not care around here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.