New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you could put your screen in there if it would fit width wise not to sure..i guess if it is a din LCD screen it would fit fine and you could put you deck below it but like zex said you would have to remove ashtray and so a bit of fiberglassin..

wouldnt your 6 disc changer go in the back of your car or glove box or somewhere else...never seen one fit in the dash..

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
A Double DIN headunit can easily be installed in the Cougar.

I have an Alpine Double DIN headunit installed in my car...Have for YEARS now.

That's an OLD pic of my interior, and as you can see, my ashtray and lighter outlet haven't been touched.

I have to assume that a double DIN adapter would fit just as easily into the opening.

~CIII

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
That screen is mounted as a direct replacement of my rear-view mirror (have a rear-view camera system installed) ;).

To be more specific, there is a modified rear-view mirror bracket (the piece that slides over the mounting point attached to the windshield) that attaches to the backside "slot" of the LCD screen. All I really did was attach the bracket to the screen (by sliding it into the "slot" found on the back of the screen), and then slide the other side of the bracket over the OEM mounting point on the windshield.

~CIII

1 - 8 of 8 Posts