New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 99 2.5 Cougar.

Am thinking of taking out the stock airbox and replacing it with this Ractive cone filter with a heat shield. See pic below.

Here is info from Ractive web site...

SF007GR - Ractive’s patented design, the SF007GR is an air filter that has a special conical feature that is designed to increase airflow into the intake and lower the air intake temperature. This kit comes complete with a 3 inch air filter and all the hardware needed.

Few questions, will their be enough airflow into the filter. Also what positives or negatives are there about this filter.

I plan on either routing a cold air inlet to the mouth of the filter or mounting the filter inside the fender with a tube supplying cool air up to the intake.

Will this Filter give same airflow and or performance as Injen or AEM filters ?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Yeah it'll just be as any other aftermarket intake, sorry I don't know too much about the filter itself though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used that intake filter for a while before I sold it to someone locally but this is my observation from it...

Pros
- Does help cut down on some heat soak
- The filter stays clean longer due to the cover
-Looks cleaner Aesthetically IMO

Cons

-Less filter area
-much quieter than an open filter element

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
skull_heaven said:
high grade depleted uranium.:rolleyes: prob. the cheapest crap they could buy and still make it shiny
So Iran is distributing that crap to ricers now? Oh great, thats just what we needed. "Destroying Israel, one heat shield at a time."

*Someone grab the Febreeze, this post REEKS of sarcasm."*

·
Premium Member
24,676 Posts
My kittie goes ROAR said:
wth is the heat-shield made out of?
I thought most made them of aluminum.

Yes we know this theread is old..But thats what the search feature is for..

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Plastic would be better in theory ... less heat soak across the material.

Then again maybe asbestos would work ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.