New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an AEM short ram and gutted pre-cats with a bolt in the front manifold. I'm getting an "Insufficient EGR Flow" CEL, cleaned out the valve but the light's back on. I'm taking the car to the dealer tomorrow and it's under the factory warranty. Will they try to give me crap about my mods and attempt to get out of covering the EGR issue under warranty?

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
maybe not......i had the same thing on mine and it was fixed under warranty. i think there is a TSB on the EGR and DPFE sensor for 01 and 02 models

maybe Fett reads this post and can add more on that

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it all depends on the dealership as well, the one here in waco sucks ass.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: koreanboi121
it all depends on the dealership as well, the one here in waco sucks ass.
Agreed... my dealership wouldn't take my car for service because of a changed intake and exhaust, but driving 10 minutes to another Ford dealership changed that. It's all dependent on the dealership.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Longwood Lincoln/Mercury rocks. No questions asked. They just changed the DPFE under warranty and complained that Ford must've just gone with the lowest bidder for it because they've been seeing way too many cars coming in needing new ones. They said there's an updated unit that's more reliable now and claimed that's the one they installed. We'll see...

*sigh of relief*

edit for spelling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts