New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to build a dual exhaust, using a y pipe. will doing this void my warranty??? also i need to hear the difference between borla, and flowmaster pipes, cause i dont want anything real loud, i just want a nice deep sound on heavy acceleration. also what are the differences between a regular v6 coug and the zn model? other than the cosmetics, are there any differences in performance??? lower suspension or anything???

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
lots of questions here :)

1. About the warranty, I suggest speaking to your dealership. Some dealerships (like mine) fully support customizing your ride, others do not. Usually it will not "void" your entire warranty, just on the part you put on. Basically, they won't warranty the exhaust that you had installed. Also, usually, they won't warranty a part thats been damaged by an aftermarket part. For example, if you damage your MAF Sensor because you installed your intake wrong, then you'd pay for the new MAF Sensor. All-in-all, you should have no problems with installing an exhuast.

2. Some people around here have sound files for different exhausts... run a search, you might get lucky. But from the sounds of it, you'd be very happy with the Borla. Thats what I have, and I love it. Very very low rumble at idle, and a really nice deep roar when you give her a little gas. The only problem with the Borla, is you'll pay a lot more for it. But I think its worth it, given the fact you get a nice million mile warranty.

3. There is nothing but cosmedic differences in the V6 and ZN models.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info atlas... ive looked but i cant seem to find a site with the borla mufflers. as for my project the muffler is the most expensive part, and should only cost about 150 after its all said and done. the thing that i dont get is that people pay like 300-700 for a dual exhaust kit. that dosent seem too smart. also, i just got the stock 17s put on my car, and the visteon wing should be here next week, as well as the taillight covers from customcougars... then they are off to be painted. also, does borla have a 2" in and dual 2" out, or am i likely going to have to do a 3" out???

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
the thing that i dont get is that people pay like 300-700 for a dual exhaust kit. that dosent seem too smart
For a well fitting, MANDREL bent exhaust system, that seems very fair.

You have to pay to play. If you cheap out and take short cuts, the final results will not be as good.
:banhim:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol... anyone know if the borla 2" in 2" out 7 7/8" wide fit??? we measured the gap and i think it was like 7 1/2" but maybe not... what width mufflers do you guys use???

·
Registered
902 Posts
Originally posted by: Cougaritus
then make a lower cost exhaust kit and make money :)
I'll be in :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts