New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at picking up a 3.0L locally and was wondering if I could fit it into the back of a Cougar if disassembled. I think I remember a couple of people doing just this, but I can't seem to find the post using search.

If I remember right, the block is not that heavy once you pull the heads. If it CAN be done, do you need an engine hoist or could you just lift the block in by hand? And if so, how buff do I need to be to do this? :)

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i friend of mine, picked up the 2.5L short block... threw it over his shoulder and carried it into my basement for me :)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
looking at him, he's not that big.... just STRONG as an ox.... he used to work as a roofer, and instead of lugging the bundles of shingles 1 by 1 up the ladder he would litterally stand on the ground and throw them up for the other roofer to catch :)

he helps me do nearly all the mods on my car.... mc-neco guys and a few others who have ventured to PuckPuck's House O Slam know him as Q-Bal...

Squared Cougared Ring - he's the one body slamming me

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. Looks like this is a doable venture then.
Time to do some follow up with the seller and see if they'll work with me (as far as letting me break it up at the shop before taking it home).

BTW, I'm probably going to take it slow on my 3L build up. Still probably a year or so away before I'll drop it in, but if I can get everything figured out ahead of time I think I'll be doing good. At the very least it'll be a great learning experience to pull an engine completely apart and put it back together again.

·
RIP CougaH
5,269 Posts
Originally posted by: PuckPuck
looking at him, he's not that big.... just STRONG as an ox.... he used to work as a roofer, and instead of lugging the bundles of shingles 1 by 1 up the ladder he would litterally stand on the ground and throw them up for the other roofer to catch :)

he helps me do nearly all the mods on my car.... mc-neco guys and a few others who have ventured to PuckPuck's House O Slam know him as Q-Bal...

Squared Cougared Ring - he's the one body slamming me
I figured it was him, although I couldn't remember his whole nickname, I was thinking 8ball or something...

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
8ball, lol that guy is pretty huge. hes a cool guy though. I dont think he lives in canada though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts