New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
i would be skeptical. there was never a cougar s produced. they produced the badges for them though. i have one. that looks like a stock uim with a badge on it. unless it has been extrude honed. you would have to measure the inlet

the svt uim were powder coated black. i have one of those that i would sell you if youre interested

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Yeah that looks like a plain ol' stock manifold with a badge slapped on it.

The S-spec manifold would have the EGR openings on the opposite side of the throttle opening, compared to your stock manifold (one has them around the top of the mouth, the other has them around the bottom). So compare the two throttle openings side by side; if they look identical, you got hosed. Although if all you needed was the vac lines and accessories, then you're good!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would be skeptical. there was never a cougar s produced. they produced the badges for them though. i have one. that looks like a stock uim with a badge on it. unless it has been extrude honed. you would have to measure the inlet

the svt uim were powder coated black. i have one of those that i would sell you if youre interested
Yes I'm interested. I'm also looking for the throttle bracket and tb if you have those for sale. Feel free to message me.

Thanks!

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Cali, near LA
Ahh..You're in SoCal. I'm up North in the Bay Area.

If you're on FB I would recommend joining the PNW(PacificNorthWest) Contour group. They go to different salvage yards and pick up parts for people if you need them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cali, near LA
Ahh..You're in SoCal. I'm up North in the Bay Area.

If you're on FB I would recommend joining the PNW(PacificNorthWest) Contour group. They go to different salvage yards and pick up parts for people if you need them.
Oh cool, someone else from Cali. Yes, I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion! : )

·
Registered
16 Posts
good night I share some information I made a slightly unusual conversion I think I hope it helps I have a Ford contour 95 2.5 I always wanted a Ford contour SVT that I could use for parts a year ago I found a 99 but it was damaged from it I have engine and transmission of I took the UIM LIM and fuel injectors, TB bracket I bought a fuel rail with return I made some small mocifications for the IMRC problem because mine works with vacuum the secondary ports that is ready change the TB for a 70mm !! ! It works much better !!! I liked that result I hope this helps! Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts