New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wierd Battery Shiznit

Sometimes when im accelerating, when i hit either 4th or 5th, the battery light starts flickering, then it will come on, and there will be an almost griding/ dumb and dumber most annoying sound in the world sound. what in the hell could this be?

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
went and got it looked at by a guy that owns a shop down here that me and my dad have always gone too. they said they can't be completely certain until they can get it to do it for them, since it doesnt happen everytime I drive. but he got in the car and cranked it up, played with the heat and lights, noticed the RPM's dropping when he did that (but I thought that was what it was supposed to do?), so he got another guy to put a voltmeter up to the batter, and we he turned the heat on there was almost no power left in the battery, but when nothing was on it was still a little low. so they said wait for a lil, or I could leave it with them so they can drive it more and get it to do it for them.
Now I am glad for 2 things: 1) I havn't done anything to void the warranty 2) my dad put up such a fit about me gettin subs, cuz freom what i've heard dealerships wont cover alternators under warranty if you have a system. We'll have to just see I guess.

·
Registered
167 Posts
good luck on the problem..........................if its the alt or the batt. do it yourself you will save a ton of cash ok maybe not a ton but you would be better off .

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but shouldnt the alternator be under warranty? then id be better off just lettin them do it right?

·
Registered
167 Posts
if its still under warranty then let the dealer take care of it that. If they don't warranty it for some reason then do it yourself .

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: carsnrockmusic
if they know you gotta sound system they might not honor your warranty...i know many who have been denied
yeah i know. thats why i said im grateful I didn't get one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts