New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i would highly suggest agains unmolding it...a other option is seam sealed and there is a Melina Blue wide body flowting around with pictures of it.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
correct... talk to NascarSigEp, the car is located in Omaha Nebraska where he lives and I know that he has posted pics of the car in the past..

I personally saw the car in person and unbelieveably it looks REALLY good.. the job definately looked top notch and the average person would never know that it was not molded on.

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
was it totally unmolded or seam sealed?
i remember there was a s2k or something at that irev show i went to you with in chicago with the kit unmolded

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
we have a dumb @$$ here...<---me..what is seam sealed?? i assume unmolded just means that the pieces are bonded on..<---leaving lots of lines..personally i think the car has too many smooth lines for this..just my 2 cents and from a dumb @$$ that is probably only about 1 cent..lol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
can't really explain what it is cause he had it under his pic.. but goodluck on tryin to get anything aerogear right now...

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
the Melina blue has the kit riveted on with all the edges seam sealed.. I believe what they do is paint the pieces... rivet em on then apply a sealer to the gaps on the pieces (think caulk) then touch it up after with paint.. I know that NascarSigEp was pointing out all the rivet areas to me.. I personally thought it looked really good and the shop did a great job - not sure if I would want to show it like that due to the points getting knocked off but I am willing to bet that some judges wouldn't even notice it not being molded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts