New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... isn't it obvious? It started off well, selling 144 in the first four days, and one of those days the boards were down. So that's about 45 per day, not quite the amazing pace set by our first few raffles but on pace to sell out within 5 days.

But since then it has dragged. In fact we didn't sell a single ticket on Friday the 17th. This fact coupled with the scheduled raffle for this coming Friday. After all we didn't want to start the next raffle until this one was sold out.

So, my quesion is this people... "What's the deal?" Is there any particular reason why these tickets didn't sell as quickly as the raffle tickets to CustomCougars.com? Is it due to the lack of cosmetic parts, or is it something else? If it's about the lack of cosmetic parts, then there's really no reason to contact the other companies that i had planned on approaching to host raffles through, since none of them have costmetics either.

So... let me know. Why didn't they go as quickly? If you don't want to post then just PM me.

Remember, the proceeds from these raffles go to CougarFest. We want to keep the costs as low as possible for our members for CougarFest 2004, so that we can deliver the best Fest ever. :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: topgunz1
I only had 4 dollars in my bank account, (bank, not paypal mind you) with payday friday and a trip to orlando this week. I couldnt afford a ticket
Unacceptable! :tongue:

Alright, other than being broke... ;)

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Maybe $2.50 tickets selling 200 for those for a $200 GC...

that'll be about $300 profit and should be easier to sell...especially during hard times for people. Also spending $5 now get's you 2 tickets.

Or

the same $5 tickets, with 250-300 tickets for a $500 GC to a choice of places. Right now there is CC and DP as options, and I know there will be more. That'll attract everyone who wants or needs something for their coug.

Just an idea...

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Now I know that Duratec Performance can get lots of different parts, but when you go to their site
and check to see what is available, their product listing is:

Shopping Guides
03+ Focus 2.3L
99+ Mustang 4.6L
96+ F150 4.6L
99+ Ranger 2.3L
98+ Ranger 4.0L

So from that perspective... people might say... hrmm can't even search for cougar parts.. must not
have (m)any...
Now browsing through the site, you might just stumble across some cougar/contour parts..
Seems odd that a site I believe that originated from Cougar Owners has no specific listing for cougars
unless you search.

Unfortunately this I don't think is the reasoning behind the lackluster performance of the raffle.
I think it has to do with the alignment of the stars.. if you check the moon chart you'll see what I mean..
Honestly I have no idea... oh well..

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The price of the tickets will not change. We're sticking to the every two weeks schedule as stated in this thread until further notice.

The choice between the two may work... and has been mentioned to me before and may be considered.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Do you have a way of keeping track of who entered the raffle thru the forums and who entered it from the link on customcougars.com? I have a feeling that a decent percentage of the CC gift certificate tickets were from people who weren't even on the forums... That right there would explain (at least to me) why the tickets didn't sell as fast...

:shrug:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
people like cosmetics and performance though duratecperformance says they can get cosmetic stuff too people want prices and such.. i bought the same amount of tickets for this raffle as every other 2 that is what i buy so i can't speak for others but maybe people were just sick of spending 10 bucks a week or every two weeks...but eh i don't do ti for the prize i put my cash in to make fest(the first i will attend in my 3 years as a cougar owner) the best i can for everyone... and at this rate there will be so much money in the fund there won't be enough time to spend it (ok mayeb taht is a little overboard we could alway pop krys and eat prime rib)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I think its a mixture of it not being on James site... it being named "duratecperformance" even if they can get Zetec parts... and not having cosemetics listed on the site.. maybe slightly raffled out?

I, however, have a Zetec, and I still bought a ticket... However, I bought only one because I have spent too much money in my eyes on them over the past several raffles...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well...

[*]There's nothing stopping DP.com from linking to fastcougar.com to draw customers to buy tickets.
[*]Even after four raffles we're nowhere close to what we're going to need to make this the Best Fest Ever
[*]I hope everybody's not raffled out, since the raffles will make registration fees smaller
[*]Re-read my last two points. ;)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i bought tickets for the custom cougars raffle since i really had my mind set on a new hood. also, the custom cougars website is so much easier to navigate to the cougar parts as compared to duratec performance. also, i didn't buy a ticket for this auction as i'm trying to save up every penny i can to hurry up and get my current parts in my garage installed.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
essentially I believe it comes down to the website listings. James has a vast listing that is easy to navigate...this combined with the fact that just about everyone knows about his site helps sales greatly. The main detractors from the DP raffle is the lack of part/price listing and that only performance oriented owners really know about them. It's sad to say but I'm willing to bet that over 70% of the ppl on these boards only want to look god and have no inclination to purchase performance parts.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I bought tickets to this one, but if there's one every two weeks, there's no way I'm buying a ticket for every single raffle that finds it way up there THAT frequently.
Think about it. If I banked that $5 or $10 every two weeks instead of throwing it directly at the raffle, that's a serious chunk of change. Yes it's important to support cougarfest and spread the costs out over the year in order to keep registration fees down to a reasonable $30 or whatever, but in the end, if it's expected that everyone commit to a raffle every 2 weeks, everyone ends up spending way more than just that registration fee. And people still need to save up for travel costs, food, hotel, etc for the actual trip out there - and even mods. Cuz you can't just sit on a hope and a prayer that you'll win one of these bazillion raffles and then be SOL for all the mods you had planned when you don't win.

I think some people may be raffled out.

(edited cuz I'm slow and stupid this morning)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Suggestions:

BAT raffle. Yes, they have a lot less cosmetic, but they have performance parts, euro parts, and even stock parts you can purchase.

TireRack raffle. People are always looking for new rims/tires.

Intricate Lines raffle. Obviously people around here like cosmetic stuff, however you would probably want to drop the amt to $300 since most graphics wont cost more than that.

CarDomain raffle. We have lots of people that like to do stereo work.

You may have already thought of these, but it never hurts to make a suggestion. Just thinking of mixing it up so you cover all the different types of things people like to do to their cars. This way you pull in people interested in one area of modding who are not necessarily interested in other areas.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts