New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I tell someone that when I get enough money I'm going to go with orange they are like "Why dude???", "That's straight up gay!", or "be original". Plus I see it in the forums all over.

Orange happens to be my favorite color so I'm doing it anyway, but what's up with the hatin'?

As for original-ness if there is such a word, there are hundreds more Black Coug's than Orange.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i really didn't like orange, but when James did the paint job from yellow to his custom orange, orange has been looking better good. if u want to do with orange, well u know there is one guy that agrees

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Orange looks awesome if its a darker shade, I cant stand lighter shade orange cars though.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Do what you want. If done right and with the right accessories, any color can look sweet. Just don't go neon. There is some guy here in Nashville that painted a Dodge Neon neon oragne. Looks bad, really bad. Not saying you were thinking about that but reading this topic made me think about it and wanted to share. In the end you are the only one who needs to like your car. And since James did it that make most people on the boards like it too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It makes no matter at all towards my decision. I just wanted to see the overall reason people beat down on Orange Cars, but now after seeing this thread it seems there is also a lot of people who prefer it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It makes no matter at all towards my decision. I just wanted to see the overall reason people beat down on Orange Cars, but now after seeing this thread it seems there is also a lot of people who prefer it.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
orange is one of my fav colors too! id say go for it, the stock orange color for cougars looks really good imo try that :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Orange is a really popular color with show cars lately. Seems like every magazine i recieve, an Orange car is on the cover. But if done right, it looks awesome. Go for it, and tell those jackasses to shut their trap.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i love the orange on the new nissans the murano and the Z..the colour looks amazing..i believe that there is someone in toronto with a sunset/burnt orange coloured coug...looks very sweet..must agree with above though it would have to be like a the dark orange like those cars..some some nasty flat orange or light orange...and like every one has said it is your car your choice..you could just follow the heard or be an individual..the choice is yours ..most people you tell about painting your car are more tehn likely jealous cause they cant afford to paint thiers the colour they love..have fun with it man..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Craig that picture that you posted with you and James together is one of my all time favorite cougar pictures. You guys should do another photoshoot together since James has his car repainted now and your car looks different with the decals and the rims painted.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Paint it orange.

Orange is a great color.

That pic of jame's and craig's cougars is f'in sweet!

One of my favorite colors is a factory color that VW did back in the 80's it
is a "burnt orange" color called panama brown. I'll try to find a pic of it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I dont mind orange cars. But i'd never paint mine orange. Everyone and there mother wants to get there ride painted orange. Im all about being original, pick an uncommon color and it will get noticed more.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Craig your car isn't orange... it looks almost BROWN in that picture with James :tongue:
i'd say yours looks more copper in pictures...

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea u really gotta be careful what type of orange you're all talking about. I thought you meant 'orange'...like the fruit. These cars (and the 350Z) are no where near that color..that's way to bright. The other day I saw an orange prelude....very bright...stood out in the parking lot. :disgust: These copper/autumn oranges are actually nice.

Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Originally posted by: Q4kntmare
I don't mind orange cars. But i'd never paint mine orange. Everyone and there mother wants to get there ride painted orange. Im all about being original, pick an uncommon color and it will get noticed more.

Hmmm Original color, how about Pink. I don't think I have ever seen a pink cougar.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts