New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people with buy RX-8 If they can't Drive them?

Firday night i was driving to on I-4 to tampa, when just before i turn of on to 75 i saw a blacked out silver RX-8.... thinking nothing of it i drove by slowly, thinking it just some woman who bought one because it looked nice and it was silver........ well i was wrong... I drove by just crusing 70 and as i was just about to turn of on to 75 suddenly he or she flys next to me and pulls infront of me. If any one has driven from I-4 on to 75 u will know that u can pick up alot of speed on to that road... so i hung about 20 cars lengths back ... Oh i have a Zetec motor..... slow but oh well... so i down shifted into four and left it go.... got about 8 car lengths behind when it merged onto 75. I jumped right past him and crossed four lanes to the fast lane.... . traffic was clear.... I wasn;t trying to race.... i just always do this... like to get in the fast lane and merge fast...... unlike most who stop trying to merge on a high... so im going and he pulls up or her behind me and flashs the light. Figure race... im like Im gonna get killed... so he pulls out to the lane next to me... good clear site of no cars ahead.. and we hit it........ i was waiting to get killed but i had it in four at 5 and just kept going up..... i heard the nosied sound...... the guy or girl missed a shifted.... my god did i hear that...... i was waiting for this thing to whoop my ass... but nothing... so he flashed the lights again..... same bloody thing..... then later going up 75 he flys past me going 90 and hits his breaks just before going into a trunk.......... why do people A ... by fast cars when they can't drive them... and B race and can;t.... when i was with loyotay one time he raced a 5.0 and that guy couldn;t shifter either...... dam.... oh well.. kinda long .. sorry first time... writing in this section......
later out ian _diesel's brother....

·
Registered
133 Posts
i test drove an rx-8 i wasn't impressed with it at all. the roll ons and the 5-60 times are terrible. its got no torque. i would save a few thousand and buy a gt mustang.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Well its a shame she/he? couldnt drive. But a win is a win! :biggrin: haha j/k

The RX8 is designed for pure sports car experiance..Handling being its upmost quality, and Handle it does!

But if you what you say is true...Hello RX8 on the Highway.. Here I come.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Weird you mention that area, I work less than a mile away, not used to hearing about it on here. But yeah tha area of 75 you can fly if its not rush hour.

·
8,550 Posts
A couple weeks ago, an RX-8 was apparently racing me. I think. He was making a lot of noise and shifting hard. I, meanwhile, was keeping even without even revving the engine up. I came out ahead, by the way...but I really wasn't racing. I was just cruising home on unfamiliar roads after a great evening with a woman! :)

After he passed, I noticed he had a huge can muffler. Now, those things are pretty dumb to begin with, but on an RX-8, it seemed like a crime. To me, rotary engines are pretty interesting simply because they're so different, and using a muffler like that makes it seem like you're trying to blend in with the Civics...

So, are RX-8s that underpowered? Or maybe his muffler sound was confusing me... But why would you want your car to sound like it's really working that hard when it isn't? It just makes the car sound underpowered, as in, "Wow! He's really revving it out to keep up with that Cougar..." Heelllp! Someone PLEASE explain!

All in all, it was a very confusing experience. Fortunately, I had the date to reflect on rather than try to figure that puzzle out on the way home... :)

Thanks.
--RJ

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I am very sad with Mazda's RX-8. I as going to buy one but thankfully I didn't and ended up with the TA. I'm strickly for go fast and decent handling and so far the TA has given that to me just fine. I can hit the twisties decently enough with no body roll and the straight aways ofcourse is where I rock.

The RX-8 on the other hand, from what I can tell, twisites are awesome, straight away is poop.

I had this guy not too long ago try to race me from a light. Dude didn't even chirp the wheels. I just gave it quarter throttle and stayed right beside him until we hit the next light. Then from that light I did the same until I hit 20 and then waved and gave her WOT :) I believe he got a really close shot of my car outside the video so to speak that I posted LOL!

But yea, if you want a car on looks, well actually basically (no offense to anyone on here, just my opinion) if you want an upgraded cougar the RX-8 is for you.

Otherwise, find something else until they get the HP and TQ fixed and that's if they actually do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts