New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, a brief recap:

About a month ago I was at work. It was 4:25pm and I was about ready to go home when I realized I forgot my cell phone in the warehouse. So, I run back to grab it when BAM! I step on a nail. Go to the doctor, get a tetanus shot, everything is cool.

2 weeks ago while at work I discover that my left index finger feels kinda funny. I let it go. A little later that day it starts bleeding. I let it go. After about a week I decided to go to the doctor. Turns out I have an infected hangnail. Doctor freezes the finger (which hurt like HELL!) and cuts off the growth. Everything is cool.

Last week I headed out in to the warehouse at work to grab a box for one of my customers. I bend down to grab it from under a rack. No problem, sounds simple enough when, WHACK! I nail my head on the bottom of the rack. I fall flat on my ass. My head started bleeding. I washed it off and went back to work with a MONSTER headache. Everything is cool.

Today, I head out in to the warehouse again. This time to grab a heater for one of my customers. Well, there was a box in the way, so I decided to move it. Bad idea. As soon as I pull on the box, the tab rips and I slice my left thumb on a piece of exposed metal! Well, needless to say, it started bleeding like crazy. I was in a panic. I almost passed out. Finally get it to stop bleeding for a couple of minutes, clean it with some peroxide and BAM! I passed out. When I came to we headed to the doctor. While in the waiting room I decided to try and see how bad it was. Yeah, its sliced to the BONE! I pass out again. Get in to see the doctor, he tells me I need 3 stitches. Great! So, he tells me to brace myself for the needle to freeze my finger. First shot, needle goes in to the cut. Second shot, needle goes in to the tip of my thumb. I pass out. When I came to I had 3 stitches in my finger and blood all over my hand. I clean up and head back to work. Everything is cool.

Anyways, I know its a long read, but I just thought i'd share my very CRAZY month of injuries!

Mike

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
man i say next time you have to go in the warehouse just send someone else.....obviously that place is bad luck for you!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
when i owned a model air plane i nearly cut my finger off...since then the scar has disapeared but all that was holding it on was some skin.......

also i have broken every bone in both arms plus all my fingers and toes.....

and over the yrs i have accumulated a total of 9 cuncusions with a total number of 3 months of missing memory.....god i love contact sports

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
srry to hear that Mike hope you get better soon and the bad luck wheres off.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Accidents seem to happen in groups like that. Have you ever seen the movie "Pure Luck" with Martin Short and Danny Glover. Maby your like that guy. i hope not. JK! Hope you have seen the last of your bad luck. And Be safe!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
That bandage looks like a hammer on your thumb man....I feel your pain with the stiches...7 stiches accross my top lip after doin a superman over the handles bars of a mountain bike. They suck!!!

Hope it's better for next weekend.

·
3L Roush
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, if the sight of blood and stitches grosses you out, you best look elsewhere...

J/K! :biggrin:

Its just the bandaid. I changed it this morning. You should have seen the one the doctor put on! My thumb was 4 times its normal size! I've been walking around like that for almost a week!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Mike, you know you liked having your thumb huge....you walked around hitting people like bam bam. :)

On a side note....I dunno what I'd rather see....your hairy ass arm, or the stitches lol

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Holy $hit! how much damage did you do? Got any pics? I know a painter who does great work for a fair price. Where in T.O. do you live?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
i live in the 401/mavis rd area... i got one quote (with connections) for $500 to fix all 3 areas: the rear & front bumper, and the 1/4 panel.

so far im goin in on tuesday so that i get it back at the latest friday so i dont come to hamillfest with a rental!!!
lemme know if u can get me a better deal

here are some pics.
Maya

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.