New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you go off on me.....

I saw this kid a few cars infront of me in a civic. loud and annoying as any other civic i have ever heard (i am being dead serious too) So he pulls into the gas station to get some gas so I pull in behind him just to scope out the car. I go in and buy somethin to drink and as I am comin out he is comin in. I ask him what hes got and he says injectors, headers, exhust, intake, and cam gears. BUT... he also has 18" rims and two twelve inch subs. I am guessing it was an MTX by the way it sounded when it shifted. So who would win, or would it be down to the driver?

·
Registered
404 Posts
What do you have again? Auto or MTX? MOD's, Betty Page Air freshener? :banana:

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weapon r short ram intake, i got piping ran for exhaust, 2.5", MTX. oh yeah, and a 4 bagner

·
Registered
404 Posts
If what I've heard about gains from those MODs on a Civic it should be able to beat you. BUT since you have a Zetec just get a turbo set-up for a focus do a little modding and you should be pretty quick.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius
If what I've heard about gains from those MODs on a Civic it should be able to beat you. BUT since you have a Zetec just get a turbo set-up for a focus do a little modding and you should be pretty quick.

hahaha. yeah, let me run out and win the lotto real quick.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey if you win. Buy me a streetflight turbo for my car. :biggrin:

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by: BigDaddyTiberius
Hey if you win. Buy me a streetflight turbo for my car. :biggrin:
if i hit big I will

G

·
honestly , you will either get your ass handed to ya or youll hand his ass to him. It depends on a lot of factors in your case. If its an SI you will probably lose.

More than likely all his talk to is trash and thats it. Just race em and see.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its an EX. he told me it was.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
black, it was an EX bc i asked if it was Si, and he was like, naw, i wish it was. full body kit, painted same color of car
18" konig verdict wannabes

G

·
Invite em to see your engine bay and then take a look at his, look for a red topped engine with DOHC VTEC emblazened on it. :)

screw it dude, just race em and find out lol

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i've raced many ex's...about as modded performance wise anyway as mine....i'd always be about even at least or whoop them...

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
a Civic EX is the SOHC 16v engine (vtec depending on year) in this case vtec means fuel economy. not performance. An EX has about the same HP as your Zetec Stock. However it has much less TQ.

If you see the engine you'll immedialty be able to tell what type of engine it is.

If the valve cover is Wide and Black (GSR) or Red (typer or faketyper) and printed DOHC Vtec in large letters. Then your toast. 160+hp or 195+hp depending on type.

If its has an ugly thin metalic looking valve cover with all 4 spark plugs exposed it is indeed an EX engine. This motor is ok, no high performance demon thats for sure. I would expect about 145 to the Flywheel IF that.

I say it should be a decent race. Whether you win/loss probably depends more on your driving skills than your HP. But I would run him just to see how you'll do.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i just raced one like an hour ago...i beat him pretty good....he was stickin with me though....it would pretty much
be a driver's race

1 - 15 of 15 Posts